Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    OK, lessee...

Why would I support Israel and not a Muslim nation?

Well, for starters, as I noted: Folks who THRIVE in their lives are always easier to predict.

For another... who wants to trust a bunch of ragheads who run around yelling JIHAD and strap on suicide bombs?

Oh, what the heck... lets go for three: One group has a history of growing and succeeding... the other has a history of destroying everything they get close to... and replacing it with a HORRIBLE society. An example: Would you rather live in Jerusalem (the Israelite territory), or Islamabad Pakistan? How about this: Would you rather your $$$ was in a bank managed by Jewish bankers (they always make $$$), or would you rather it be in a Muslim bank (and not sure if the bank would survive, because the son of the bank president was a known terrorist... and his daddy at the bank was secretly funneling money to him...)

When one gets away from their silly emotional parroting... and thinks with a clear head... the choices are simple.

Again: GA would take the Jews in a minute.
    Look at what I put in bold, and then read what is in red,,,,do you see something wrong ??

I dont think you will, but just maybe it will motivate you to think about it.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    Look at what I put in bold, and then read what is in red,,,,do you see something wrong ??

I dont think you will, but just maybe it will motivate you to think about it.

Roy
    OK Roy, enlighten me...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    I knew eventually you would
    Always have. Israel screws over all non Jews in ISRAEL including Christians. We are their friends but they aren't ours. Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by Super Tech JJ View Post
    If you want to know why we must be in support of Israel PM me. Only if you are really interested. I don't want to start another battle. They are extremely important in the world.
    If you know the reason we are so beholden to them I think we could all benefit from this information. Don’t worry about “starting another battle”. Just throw it out there and don’t respond.

I’ve heard the Christian explanation and the intelligence explanation. I don’t buy either one. Is yours a different one?

We are beholden to Israel for several reasons. Money , weapons and intelligence are 3 that come to mind

We are beholden to Israel for several reasons. Money , weapons and intelligence are 3 that come to mind
    Don't forget their contribution to the Music Software Industry. http://www.waves.com/Content.aspx?id=90
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Maybe I didn’t word it correctly.

I realize we give them billions every year in aid. We sell or give them our best military hardware. We let them break hundreds of U.N. Resolutions without question. We let them abuse the Palestinians without even reporting it in our news. There is evidence they had pre 911 knowledge but we won’t tell the American people about it. They must have known Sadam did not have WMD’s but did not tell us. Next, we will be duped into taking care of their current enemy, Iran.

My question is why the unquestionable support? Is it solely because of their strong foothold in Washington and big business or is it something else? Every country in the world would like to have our unquestionable support. Why are they the only one to get it?

OK Brian, how about lets take this approach:

Say the USA must have influence in the ME (middle East)... having influence is not a question, rather who we connect with...

Who would you tie up with and why?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    OK Brian, how about lets take this approach:

Say the USA must have influence in the ME (middle East)... having influence is not a question, rather who we connect with...

Who would you tie up with and why?
    I would not tie up with the most hated country over there, arm them to the teeth and create news blackouts on their conduct if I really wanted peace in the region.

So that is your best guess why we align with them? To have influence? Influence whom?

We aligned with them due to the outcome of WW2. Google it if you want the complete history. But lots of it had to do with Britain losing it's Colonies over in the ME

We aligned with them due to the outcome of WW2. Google it if you want the complete history. But lots of it had to do with Britain losing it's Colonies over in the ME
    Nothing else has happened since then to reinforce or validate that alignment?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I would not tie up with the most hated country over there, arm them to the teeth and create news blackouts on their conduct if I really wanted peace in the region.

So that is your best guess why we align with them? To have influence? Influence whom?
    Political influence is equal to power (including political, economic, military, etc).

Politics is like a drain in the sink or tub... there is ALWAYS water spiraling down. The question is who pours the new water in. Whomever adds more water gets to control what goes on... anyone that chooses to not add water ends up being used by the situations.

Now lets translate that into politics: If the USA has influence... then interests of the USA get preferred treatment... If the USA does not have influence... then interests of other countries get preferred treatment at the expense of the USA. There is NO middle ground... each country that wants power in the region has to pour in influence or be relegated to the sidelines... and it is an endless mess.

Why bother? Ever try to get in to bid on a BIG job? One has to have connections... right. Influence is not much different.

The world is no longer a place where folks can just sit on the sidelines, or become isolated. The USA is really the only super-power left... we would be FOOLS to let that go just because we are too lazy to keep up our influence.

Now back to the question: So far, all I have read is negative answers. Please give me a positive answer as to who one should align with and why. How about Egypt? How about Iran? How about the Saudi's? Oh, lets make it Ligya... or maybe Syria... Go ahead, pick one and tell me why aligning with that country would be the BEST thing the USA could do to keep US interests in the best position in the area.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

No, nothing has happened since then. Should something have happened. The lines drawn after the war have not changed

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415161718192021 LastLast