Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10131415161718192021 LastLast
    *A, and like minded individuals.......reason number 11 for why the GORP is dead.

Reagan is number one.....cause of his amnesty program.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    I would have chose Saudi Arabia for their resources...and we have. Israel has no resources and takes billions from US tax payers every year. They steal our technology and sell it to the highest bidders around the globe...such as our armor technology for the M1 Abrams tank.

We can be friends, but I think we need to keep them out of our government...meaning no dual citizenship in our government offices or military bases.....and no more American blood spilled for that useless piece of sand over there. Let them fight their own battles.
    OK, lets look at that...

Where did Osama BinLaden come from... Oh yeah, he was a Saudi... actually a distant part of the royal family if I remember. Now did the Saudi's do anything to help out the USA when 911 happened? If they did, I do not remember it...

I do not see having one's ally as a backwards nation with monarch (read that dictatorship) rule... which includes religious influence BTW... as a good choice for an ally. While we are at it... might want to remember the Saudi nation is SERIOUSLY backwards in their politics and the way they control (more like RULE) their citizens (more like indentured serfs and slaves w/out owners). Women are still treated like property, education is only allowed to those who are connected, the influence of the govt is absolutely stifling in that country... and if one gets out/line... they could just vanish and nobody would do anything about it. IMO not what the USA stands for around the world.
    Sure, there are $$$ reasons to choose the Saudi's... yet if WW3 started, do you think they would blindly back the USA? I do not... rather they would play the 'best interest' game.

Now Israel on the other hand: They are small enough we can control them.... and they would ALWAYS be on our side regardless. One talks about stealing military secrets... well methinks we 'allowed' that... funny how that game is played. And lets not forget the Stuxnet computer virus (designed specifically to attack the Iran nuc site computers, worked GREAT)... what I read the Israelis helped write it and deploy it.
    What appeals to me about Israel is they are the only TRUE democracy in the area. Citizens have the ability to GROW and better themselves in Israel (like they do in the USA)... not so in Arab countries unless you are a male and politically connected. And quite honestly... I would much rather get in a fight with an Arab than an Israeli... the latter are a lot tougher... which is yet another reason to have them on our side.
    It is said the BEST F-15 pilots in the WORLD are Israeli (now that the F-15 is no longer a main-line fighter in the USA).

Personally... if the ME were to be left to itself... it would end up like Chicago (as in corrupt as Chicago politics). Do we really want that to happen?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    OK, lets look at that...

Where did Osama BinLaden come from... Oh yeah, he was a Saudi... actually a distant part of the royal family if I remember. Now did the Saudi's do anything to help out the USA when 911 happened? If they did, I do not remember it...

I do not see having one's ally as a backwards nation with monarch (read that dictatorship) rule... which includes religious influence BTW... as a good choice for an ally. While we are at it... might want to remember the Saudi nation is SERIOUSLY backwards in their politics and the way they control (more like RULE) their citizens (more like indentured serfs and slaves w/out owners). Women are still treated like property, education is only allowed to those who are connected, the influence of the govt is absolutely stifling in that country... and if one gets out/line... they could just vanish and nobody would do anything about it. IMO not what the USA stands for around the world.
    Sure, there are $$$ reasons to choose the Saudi's... yet if WW3 started, do you think they would blindly back the USA? I do not... rather they would play the 'best interest' game.

Now Israel on the other hand: They are small enough we can control them.... and they would ALWAYS be on our side regardless. One talks about stealing military secrets... well methinks we 'allowed' that... funny how that game is played. And lets not forget the Stuxnet computer virus (designed specifically to attack the Iran nuc site computers, worked GREAT)... what I read the Israelis helped write it and deploy it.
    What appeals to me about Israel is they are the only TRUE democracy in the area. Citizens have the ability to GROW and better themselves in Israel (like they do in the USA)... not so in Arab countries unless you are a male and politically connected. And quite honestly... I would much rather get in a fight with an Arab than an Israeli... the latter are a lot tougher... which is yet another reason to have them on our side.
    It is said the BEST F-15 pilots in the WORLD are Israeli (now that the F-15 is no longer a main-line fighter in the USA).

Personally... if the ME were to be left to itself... it would end up like Chicago (as in corrupt as Chicago politics). Do we really want that to happen?
    Keep drinking the "promised land","end times", cool aid.

Israel is a good weather friend, if we ever stopped the welfare to them, the good weather friendship would end very quickly.

And btw, we dont control them, they control us.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Obama supporters, huh? Think I had one back in High School for gym class. That one stunk too....................
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    Brian
    It would be easier on all of us if you just told us what you were looking for to satisfy the "what" or "how" your question could be satisfied.
    I am not looking for a certain answer. I am simply asking those who vehemently back our relationship with Israel to give a real life example of why they do. I am honestly looking for anything in history where Israel came to our aid, averted a war, stopped a terrorist that was heading our way, gave us crucial intelligence or gave us technology...anything.

To say they give us influence in the region when you don‘t have an example of how that influence benefits us is just empty words. With any good relationship I have in my business I can give an example of how it has benefited me.

I think people back Israel because they are told to back them. They fear that if they question our relationship they will be called an anti-Semite. Some want to align with anyone who hates Muslims and has the firepower to kill large numbers of them. Basically I think we have a odd relationship with that country and would like to be convinced otherwise.

Name any time where Anybody comes to OUR aid, anytime there is a disaster in this dam world, we are always the first there with help. Be it Iran earthquakes or sunamis, whatever. No one ever lifts a finger to help us out. This country has done more to help out the world than the rest of the world combined. Wouldn't hurt my feelings next time someone needs help if we just said, sorry, we're busy, help yourself. If you need an answer to your question, you are not thinking. If you don't like Israel, just say so and be honest. And reasons would be nice too...........
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post

Israel is a good weather friend, if we ever stopped the welfare to them, the good weather friendship would end very quickly.

Roy
    EDITED, makes me sorry I went to Florida several times to help get communications back up and running. We got ourselves in a terrible situation, called the Embassy to see where they had gotten the large tent they used. Next thing I knew the tent was being delivered to use along with Generators, water, food, and a communication battalion flew in from Israel. It was our job to get the AC and Power running at the Cell Sites, but they weren't being put back in operation. Meanwhile, Sewers were overflowing, water towers were empty, and trafiic signals didn't work. All were dependent on celluar. They latter sent a Medical team in to take care of us. I still have some lingering health problems that I blame on my time in Florida.
    Last edited by Gib's Son; 11-20-2012 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Name Calling

Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    ......., makes me sorry I went to Florida several times to help get communications back up and running. We got ourselves in a terrible situation, called the Embassy to see where they had gotten the large tent they used. Next thing I knew the tent was being delivered to use along with Generators, water, food, and a communication battalion flew in from Israel. It was our job to get the AC and Power running at the Cell Sites, but they weren't being put back in operation. Meanwhile, Sewers were overflowing, water towers were empty, and trafiic signals didn't work. All were dependent on celluar. They latter sent a Medical team in to take care of us. I still have some lingering health problems that I blame on my time in Florida.
    Personal attacks and name calling are against the rules. Consider this a warning.
    Last edited by Gib's Son; 11-20-2012 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    [COLOR="#FF0000"] … and a communication battalion flew in from Israel. It was our job to get the AC and Power running at the Cell Sites, but they weren't being put back in operation. Meanwhile, Sewers were overflowing, water towers were empty, and trafiic signals didn't work. All were dependent on celluar. They latter sent a Medical team in to take care of us. I still have some lingering health problems that I blame on my time in Florida.
    Everything you wrote about cell sites is fishy including Israel’s servicing our cell towers.

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post

Roy
    Do you know of ANY country that is not a good weather friend?

Money ALWAYS controls... no exceptions. Why do you think we (the USA) passes it around?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Britain and the rest of the UK are not fair weather friends Britain is always right beside us if a fight breaks out

Lots of countries offer and send aid to the US when we face disasters.... some of it gets thru but a lot is turned down..... I remember when Katrina struck that the Cubans were ready to send doctors and medical teams to the US but I believe the gov nipped that one in the bud..... but even then...the chinese, arabs... all sent or offered to send in aid. I believe the mexicans were the some of the first on the scene after katrina...and Im talking about their armed forces and not the cheap mexican labor that came in....hired by all the contractors even though there was an abundance of americans who needed money and were willing to do the work.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I am not looking for a certain answer. I am simply asking those who vehemently back our relationship with Israel to give a real life example of why they do. I am honestly looking for anything in history where Israel came to our aid, averted a war, stopped a terrorist that was heading our way, gave us crucial intelligence or gave us technology...anything.

To say they give us influence in the region when you don‘t have an example of how that influence benefits us is just empty words. With any good relationship I have in my business I can give an example of how it has benefited me.

I think people back Israel because they are told to back them. They fear that if they question our relationship they will be called an anti-Semite. Some want to align with anyone who hates Muslims and has the firepower to kill large numbers of them. Basically I think we have a odd relationship with that country and would like to be convinced otherwise.
    Thanks for your reply. All I can do is tell you the way I see this issue. And that my point of view is good enough for me to understand why we need partners like Israel and why we need to assist them in being protected.

For one, they do offer a lot to the US in ways of science and engineering. I personally know a few from that area that have added greatley to our medical and scientific community. And I know a number of US citizens that have direct family connections in Isreal. And I know that their country and citizens stand for independence and freedoms the like of which we formally enjoyed here.

Then their becomes the issure of what the US is all about anyway when you don't look at your individual needs but the responsibility of a country like the US to provide protection and assistance to areas of the world such as Isreal.

And that is known as statemanship.

We also provide a lot of back up and comfort for many other areas in the world simply because it's the right thing to do. The Philippines is a good example. If we did not let the agressive parts of the world know that we stand behind areas that really don't have the capabilities of defending themselves then there would be no end to small freedom desired countries to be overrun.

We, basically, are the deterent to the bully on the play ground. And we should be for our own interests and the interests of others.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10131415161718192021 LastLast