Hybrid View

Temperature Controls

Being still new in this business, I would like to know if there are any remote controlled temperature controls for HVAC units. Like a remote controlled T.V. for example. With winter in full swing it would sure be nice to have something like this available

Quote Originally Posted by Van Diesel View Post
    Being still new in this business, I would like to know if there are any remote controlled temperature controls for HVAC units. Like a remote controlled T.V. for example. With winter in full swing it would sure be nice to have something like this available
    how much are you willing to pay? ecobee has a wifi controllable one via your iphone apps/ I believe they have one for android also.
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

a got internet connected controls for remote operation of boilers. there are wireless remote controlled ductless splits by sanyo, daikin, mitsubishi and others. how much money you got?

Got a customer who like this one. http://www.nest.com/
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Ecobee or Nest?

I'm looking at 2 WIFI thermostats and would appreciate any comments on both/either.

www.nest.com

www.ecobee.com

Thanks
    Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by krjamison View Post
    I'm looking at 2 WIFI thermostats and would appreciate any comments on both/either.

www.nest.com

www.ecobee.com

Kelly

do you really need the wifi controllable ? or do you just want to be fancy? get a regular programmable t-stat, check the weather channel for outdoor temp and humidity. get a hum-stat to check inside hum. if you don't have a humidifier then it's jus expesive t-stat
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    do you really need the wifi controllable ? or do you just want to be fancy? get a regular programmable t-stat, check the weather channel for outdoor temp and humidity. get a hum-stat to check inside hum. if you don't have a humidifier then it's jus expesive t-stat
    listen to this guy. you will spend a good buck, play with it for a little while then never look at it again. as matter of fact most programables i have installed for people end up set on permanent hold anyway.
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry