Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CCN AX

I have a customer with CCN and multiple bldgs connected to the 0 network. They have issues with the underground between buildings and my thought was using serial RS485/ethernet converters with the first connected to the JACE with the CCN driver over the RS485 connection and the others located on each bridge using a block of static ip addresses segregated as much as possible through the net mask. Has anybody done this before? Too bad the CCN driver does not have an option for UDP so the JACE connection COM2 connection can go away and save a device.
    Also any issues with the tunnel feature?
    Thanks in advance..

Most of the "EIA485 to TCP/IP converters" that I have worked with, have to be configured to wrap the UDP Packets into IP packets (similar to the BACnet BBMD Function).

Not shure if this is anything helpful, but some EIA485 data packets need the extra coaxing to
    get thru IP switches.

UDP are broadcasts and not forwarded thru IP switches, IP packets do make it thru IP switches.

Maybe something to look at.

Just some 2 bits of thoughts.

Good luck

Drac
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" Aristotle

Remember to "Pay it Forward"; help out the newer generation of techs, remember someone during our career helped us! ("Pay it Forward" was by someone smarter than me!!)

Not the best answer here, but you could use 2 carrier etherlinks and pass over their network... Just food for thought.

Thanks for the response. The serial device I'm looking at also does TCP/IP (B&B-elec VESR901) also so I'm going to have to play with it.
    Evidently the CCN workstation has to be setup for a connection to a carrier etherlink module using the JACE IP address when the tunneling feature is enabled.
    Thanks

The Jace I was using was a demo from our Honeywell dealer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12