+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CCN AX

Post Likes

CCN AX

Anyone know how many CCN devices can be put on a Jace 6, Jace 2. Just using the supplied RS-485 port for now, no option cards. Looking to put a number (13) of E-series RTUs on a Jace and wondering if I can get away with a Jace 2.

Post Likes

Tridium CCN

Quote Originally Posted by mechmike2 View Post
    Anyone know how many CCN devices can be put on a Jace 6, Jace 2. Just using the supplied RS-485 port for now, no option cards. Looking to put a number (13) of E-series RTUs on a Jace and wondering if I can get away with a Jace 2.

Can you tell me if you got this ccn network communicating ?
    We just purchased a CCN driver and followed all the steps in the Tridium ccn driver manual and could not get the network to discover ?
    Can you tell me if you ran into any issues initially and what you did to get the devices to discover ?

Post Likes
    I did get it to work. It was a demo Jace I got from our supplier to check out integrating some E-series RTU's. At first the Jace would not discover anything, the jace had a Zig-Bee wireless receiver installed on it, once I took the Zig-Bee off it worked fine. Discovered E-series hooked up to some 3V devices also. I'll try attaching screenshots(2) of how driver was set up. Name:  1.jpg
Views: 1546
Size:  32.3 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 1484
Size:  32.5 KB

Post Likes
    I did get it to work. It was a demo Jace I got from our supplier to check out integrating some E-series RTU's. At first the Jace would not discover anything, the jace had a Zig-Bee wireless receiver installed on it, once I took the Zig-Bee off it worked fine. Discovered E-series hooked up to some 3V devices also. I'll try attaching screenshots(2) of how driver was set up. Name:  1.jpg
Views: 1546
Size:  32.3 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 1484
Size:  32.5 KB
    Could not see to clearly the setup screens.....but i think we were pretty close to what you had.....
    Tell me we wired the ccn bus to a 485 that existed and had a bacnet bus attached to comm3....
    there would be no issue connecting the ccn bus to the 2nd port on this card ?

and you terminated + To + , - To - and did you connected the 3rd conductor ?

Post Likes
    I had an issue with Zig-bee on an option slot.
    I was using the on-board Jace RS-485 port so don't know about dual option card issue if any. Maybe try putting whatever is on the Comm 2 Jace port to the other rs-485 port on dual option card. What Jace are you using?

Post Likes
    I had an issue with Zig-bee on an option slot.
    I was using the on-board Jace RS-485 port so don't know about dual option card issue if any. Maybe try putting whatever is on the Comm 2 Jace port to the other rs-485 port on dual option card. What Jace are you using?
    We have an FX20.....this is a training board in our office.....theres a N2 bus with an FX16 ad FX_VMA.....a Bacnet bus on one port of the 485 card with PCG and a PCV on it.....we just added a CCN driver and hope to connect to a Carrier 6400 and CID vav controller.....

So you think try to move to com2 on the base board ?

Post Likes
    Don't know comm port designations on JCI jaces but I assume that comm port 2 is the on-board rs-485. As far as I know you can not assign the jace ports you have to use the ports as they are assigned in the jace. Comm port 2 is the rs-485 port that comes on the Honeywell jaces I use unsure if JCI is different, wouldn't make sense but wouldn't be surprised. Check the literature and be sure ports are assign properly?

Post Likes
    Are you using BACnet MSTP to integrate into the RTU's CCN devices?
    I was not aware that Jace's could directly tie into the Carrier RTU CCN buss, which is a EIA485 buss, but the data packets are
    CCN properitey not conforming completely to EIA485 rules.
    I am not a Jace expert (yet), but I do have extensive skills on BACnet MSTP and IP integration, and CCN integration.
    If the existing RTU's have CCN Controls, and no "Carrier CCN or Carrier i-VU BACnet" devices installed, you may need to get some
    Carrier BACnet Translators boards, or a Carrier i-Vu UPC Open Protocol converter onto the RTU's and then use someone familiar with mapping CCN points to BACnet points, then you can interface via BACnet MSTP.

This can be a bit tricky, and I do integration every day. Carrier CCN points have refresh and write limitations like almost all legacy controls do, that can greatly limit some of the integration control requirements.

Let me know if you need more info.

Respectfully submitted

Drac

Just food for thought.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" Aristotle

Remember to "Pay it Forward"; help out the newer generation of techs, remember someone during our career helped us! ("Pay it Forward" was by someone smarter than me!!)

Post Likes
    With the CCN AX driver you can connect directly to the CCN bus. Depending on the license (CCN or CCN1) you can get access to Status, Setpoint, and Schedule points or those points along with Maintenance, Config, Service.

Post Likes
    I have successfully integrated the CCN driver into AX. I had a problem with the CCN driver working after I upgraded the Jace to 3.6.47 and had to revert back to 3.5.39 to get it to work again. I have not tried it with 3.7 but if you are using anything newer than 3.5.39 you may want to revert back just to see if it helps.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryBumpkin View Post
    I have successfully integrated the CCN driver into AX. I had a problem with the CCN driver working after I upgraded the Jace to 3.6.47 and had to revert back to 3.5.39 to get it to work again. I have not tried it with 3.7 but if you are using anything newer than 3.5.39 you may want to revert back just to see if it helps.
    I just did one today with 40 devices on a Vykon 3.6.47 JACE-6 with absolutely no problems at all.

Post Likes
    With the CCN AX driver you can connect directly to the CCN bus. Depending on the license (CCN or CCN1) you can get access to Status, Setpoint, and Schedule points or those points along with Maintenance, Config, Service.
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlY0urMind View Post
    I just did one today with 40 devices on a Vykon 3.6.47 JACE-6 with absolutely no problems at all.
    The last time I checked with Tridium the CCN full driver was not available and only schedule, status and setpoint tables would be able to be discovered. I ran a test station and confirmed this on VAV terminal controllers. Have they released the full version?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac69 View Post
    The last time I checked with Tridium the CCN full driver was not available and only schedule, status and setpoint tables would be able to be discovered. I ran a test station and confirmed this on VAV terminal controllers. Have they released the full version?
    I don't think so. It was not even mentioned when we purchased the license.

Post Likes
    I have a customer with CCN and multiple bldgs connected to the 0 network. They have issues with the underground between buildings and my thought was using serial RS485/ethernet converters with the first connected to the JACE with the CCN driver over the RS485 connection and the others located on each bridge using a block of static ip addresses segregated as much as possible through the net mask. Has anybody done this before? Too bad the CCN driver does not have an option for UDP so the JACE connection COM2 connection can go away and save a device.
    Also any issues with the tunnel feature?
    Thanks in advance..

Post Likes
    Most of the "EIA485 to TCP/IP converters" that I have worked with, have to be configured to wrap the UDP Packets into IP packets (similar to the BACnet BBMD Function).

Not shure if this is anything helpful, but some EIA485 data packets need the extra coaxing to
    get thru IP switches.

UDP are broadcasts and not forwarded thru IP switches, IP packets do make it thru IP switches.

Maybe something to look at.

Just some 2 bits of thoughts.

Good luck

Drac
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" Aristotle

Remember to "Pay it Forward"; help out the newer generation of techs, remember someone during our career helped us! ("Pay it Forward" was by someone smarter than me!!)

Post Likes
    Not the best answer here, but you could use 2 carrier etherlinks and pass over their network... Just food for thought.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the response. The serial device I'm looking at also does TCP/IP (B&B-elec VESR901) also so I'm going to have to play with it.
    Evidently the CCN workstation has to be setup for a connection to a carrier etherlink module using the JACE IP address when the tunneling feature is enabled.
    Thanks

Post Likes
    The Jace I was using was a demo from our Honeywell dealer

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in