Johnson contro HVAC PRO

hey, can anyone tell me where I can get/buy the software HVAC PRO? Thanks in advance

2444 Washington Blvd, Suite 100 Ogden, UT
    HVAC Pro comes a one of the programs in a product bundle called M-Tools. It can be purchased through distribution.
    Steve Jones
    Managing Partner
    The S4 Group, Inc.

check ebay. I've recently seen copies of m-tools available there.

Info in your profile would be helpful.

Part number you should order is MW-MTOOL-6. Order either from your local JCI Branch or Local independant ABCS distributor. You will also need an RS485 converter. RS-232 and USB are available from non-JCI sources
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!

Quote Originally Posted by Cagey57 View Post
    Info in your profile would be helpful.

Part number you should order is MW-MTOOL-6. Order either from your local JCI Branch or Local independant ABCS distributor. You will also need an RS485 converter. RS-232 and USB are available from non-JCI sources

The part number for the connectors from Johnson Controls are:

AS-CVTPRO300-1
    Zone Bus/N2 Bus Interface Converter with 120 VAC - 3 VDC power adapter (North American Version) and USB to RS-232 adapter

Or you can get the USB to RS-232 connector from:

S Squared Innovations Inc.

Part Number:S2USB485
    Interface USB to RS485 / RS232 / N2 Interface

I have both and both work fine. The difference is that the JCI product you can connect from a zone bus, which is more convenient when the unit is up in a ceiling or in a rooftop unit when its raining outside, but the uploads and downloads are real slow.

The AS-CVTPRO300-1 is a lot more expensive . If you have a serial port/USB port and don't need Zone Bus functionality the S Squared is the way to go. You can get a 9pin ( P/N 485SD9TB) from B & B Electronics for less but you have to have a real serial port on your Laptop.
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!

Quote Originally Posted by Cagey57 View Post
    The AS-CVTPRO300-1 is a lot more expensive . If you have a serial port/USB port and don't need Zone Bus functionality the S Squared is the way to go. You can get a 9pin ( P/N 485SD9TB) from B & B Electronics for less but you have to have a real serial port on your Laptop.
    With most of the computers today not having a serial port, just a usb, I have found a product that converts usb to serial and i will swear by it. I use it for everything and to this day have not had a problem. Its call the Edgeport 1 made by DIGI. Edgeport/1 - 1 RS-232 serial DB-9 . Google edgeport1 and you will find it. Its not the cheapest but i have not had any problems with it. The usb to serial converters you find at most computer stores, or staples or best buy might work, might not, this is from experience. The digi edgeport1 work with all trane, johnson, MCS controls, and a few others. When i say trane, i use it for the old pcm edit software. The part number is 301-1001-11.