Bryant 90 Plus furnace problem
    I have a 19year old Bryant Plus 90 furnace(Model 398AAW048080D) which has ran very good all these years. I've noticed over the last 2 years that approx. 50% of the time I experience the following condition in the heating mode only:
    The thermostat will call for heat, the furnace draft inducer blower will run, the burner will come on shortly after and when the plenum is at the proper temperature the main blower will come. The main blower will stay on for approx. 1 minute and then shut-off but the burner and gas inducer blower will remain on. After about 1 minute the main blower motor will come on again and then in approx. 1 minute it will go shut off again . This cycle may repeat it self 2 to 3 times before the main blower will run continuously until the room thermostat is satified. As I said before, sometimes it will run thru the normal cycle with out shutting off.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

"The ultimate heating machine"

Regardless of expertise this is NOT a DIY site.

DIY threads, questions and answers have a life of their own. What happens, if we post repair instructions that injures the person whom we thought was qualified?

We have Forum Rules not to anger you, but because they are well thought tried and true.

We all want to help, but we just can't due to the difficulties of working on the other end of the computer and safety.

Thanks for looking at it from our point of view.

Forum Rules

[Edited by HeyBob on 11-03-2006 at 09:08 AM]

Reply to Member # 41530

Thank-you Member #41530 for your quick response.
    I have a 2nd furnace which is a also a Bryant Plus 90 (Model 398AAW036060D) which is for my 2nd floor. The boards are identical so I can interchange the boards and see if that corrects the problem. If the relays are removeable i'll try first interchanging the heating relays. If this corrects the problem then I can get a new board for less then $200. If this is'nt the problem i'll get a local Bryant serviceman out to the house. I'll also get some prices on a replacement furnace.
    Thanks again for your help. I'll let you know what I find out.

Wonderful
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

Originally posted by coolwhip
    Wonderful
    I know, I deleted it!

Unfortunately, due to site rules we as members can not discuss technical issues with the general public.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Please call a heating contractor to properly diagnose your equipment.

[Edited by HeyBob on 11-03-2006 at 09:10 AM]

Originally posted by HeyBob

Regardless of expertise this is NOT a DIY site.

DIY threads, questions and answers have a life of their own. What happens, if we post repair instructions that injures the person whom we thought was qualified?

We have Forum Rules not to anger you, but because they are well thought tried and true.

We all want to help, but we just can't due to the difficulties of working on the other end of the computer and safety.

Thanks for looking at it from our point of view.

Forum Rules

[Edited by HeyBob on 11-03-2006 at 09:08 AM]

Maybe I'm confused.
    I can't seem to recall giving this guy any DIY advice or instructions to repair anything.
    Unless telling him what I think the problem could be counts (which I see happen here plenty).
    And then telling him to call a tech and think about replacing the furnace.
    I see other posts and occasionally entire threads on here that go way farther than that.

That shows you that even Mods sleep now and then. Sometimes at the keyboard.