Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    dry county??? I thought prohibition was over couple decades ago... all the christian that look down on me because I would go to the pub after church are hypocrite... if my god would turn water to wine, he certainly would not oppose to going to the pub in MODERATION. although we're also advised that if whatever we do becoming a stumbling block for our brothers, then don't do it for the sake of them. so use your judgement carefully. but there's so much more to being a christian then just being a tea totaler. drunk driving is def not acceptable. d

Religion has been defined as "A way or path to God" Religious people always look true to the faith. Clean up the outside. Look just right. The Pharisees, religious leaders in Jesus's time were called "White washed tombs full of dead men's bones.
    Many here that claim to Know the Truth have the same religious spirit. They can't be cured except by divine intervention.
    Think of the paradox of men going to church in the morning and KKK meetings at night carrying a huge cross preaching hate. Say, split-personality.
    Tracers work both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    I agree with this. Theism defies this logic. Where does your search for answers and truth end?
    I've got to disagree Tech. Anyone attending seminary or even a comparative religious classes knows logic is the basis of theism. The logic is accept the premise (God exists) and the conclusion will follow. Both religion and logic are branches of philosphy. A good preacher, priest, rabbi can logically explain themselves out of any trap.
    What defies logic is the religious experience probably better called God consciousness. Few even attempt an explanation even fewer have the experience.
    Tracers work both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    I've got to disagree Tech. Anyone attending seminary or even a comparative religious classes knows logic is the basis of theism. The logic is accept the premise (God exists) and the conclusion will follow. Both religion and logic are branches of philosphy. A good preacher, priest, rabbi can logically explain themselves out of any trap.
    What defies logic is the religious experience probably better called God consciousness. Few even attempt an explanation even fewer have the experience.
    The problem is once you decide to accept that there is a god, everything you see becomes evidence of god. Trust me when I say that all it comes down to is blind faith. Either you have it or you don't. Faith and the scientific process are incompatible.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

To me, people of all faiths are living in denial of the fact that our existence is a random and insignificant occurrence that can't be explained yet....
    I'm not unwilling to accept the notion of a creator, because there's no evidence that there is not one,

So when one dies or the world comes to an end then people of faith will no longer be in denial. And yet your willing to go into denial.

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    So when one dies or the world comes to an end then people of faith will no longer be in denial. And yet your willing to go into denial.
    Not sure what you're getting at. You are very sure of yourself, considering none of us have seen the other side.

-Thomas Jefferson

We all have a rendezvous with death and a long difficult path to walk until we get there. IMO, being spiritual, having faith, being religious is a support to get you through this consciousness. I have no issues with a Christian brother or a Buddhist...whatever gets you through this life and makes you feel truly good as a person is all positive thought and energy.

Christians believe in God, the American Indian The Great Spirit....I see no difference.

I chose Buddhism as a path in life and am content. I try not to judge others for their spiritual beliefs a long as it remains theirs, and not an institutions.

When I see business involved or an agenda, I become combative for some mysterious reason that I cannot explain.

This is me.
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    When I see business involved or an agenda, I become combative for some mysterious reason that I cannot explain.
    I'm sure that you, like me, view it as a perverse hijacking of the message for personal gain. So there's your explanation

-Thomas Jefferson

Faith and the scientific process are incompatible.
    That is not true. Science can not proof or disproof god. There is no scientific answer to what created the universe or possible infinite parallel universes.
    But the big question is: Does every question has to have an answer?

To me, God is more than the question of what created us or where did we come from. God is energy that surrounds us all the time and connects every living creature on the planet....like the force in Star Wars.
    God can even be photographed through karillian photography....an aura that surrounds every living creature and changes with mood and sickness.
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

Quote Originally Posted by tostaos View Post
    That is not true. Science can not proof or disproof god. There is no scientific answer to what created the universe or possible infinite parallel universes.
    But the big question is: Does every question has to have an answer?
    That's exactly what I was getting at in post # 26. There's no evidence for god, but there's no evidence against, either. If you take a believer and an unbeliever and put them side by side, they are both the same in that they don't know. Where they differ is that only one of them is being true to himself. People who grow up in the church are indoctrinated from a very young age and conditioned to believe that questioning their own faith is heresy and the work of some evil force that is trying to control them. Questioning things is a natural trait of humanity, but religion seeks to suppress it because it undermines their control.

At the end of the day, no one knows. So why do so many pretend they do?

-Thomas Jefferson

That's exactly what I was getting at in post # 26. There's no evidence for god, but there's no evidence against, either. If you take a believer and an unbeliever and put them side by side, they are both the same in that they don't know. Where they differ is that only one of them is being true to himself. People who grow up in the church are indoctrinated from a very young age and conditioned to believe that questioning their own faith is heresy and the work of some evil force that is trying to control them. Questioning things is a natural trait of humanity, but religion seeks to suppress it because it undermines their control.

At the end of the day, no one knows. So why do so many pretend they do?
    Every, and I mean every believer has questioned God or is there a God.

I'm sure you can't swat it like a fly and just make it go away; it must be a persistent notion?

-Thomas Jefferson

All that is evil and good on this earth is done by man. Anything after that is nature and the elements.

So where then is the so called God (good) and the Devil (evil) ???

Shouldnt be that hard to figure out. And if you cant come to the proper concusion, it just means you have been pre-programmed.

To seek the truth you have to unchain yourself first.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast