Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    No, you still have not learned what I posted. Try again.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

I don't see anything to be learned there, except that you differentiated between yourself and religious people. Other than that, you made an assertion, which to me, amounts to "in order to learn, you have to stop learning". Why don't you try again? If your message is not getting through, the problem may not be mine.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    I don't see anything to be learned there, except that you differentiated between yourself and religious people. Other than that, you made an assertion, which to me, amounts to "in order to learn, you have to stop learning". Why don't you try again? If your message is not getting through, the problem may not be mine.
    Passing the buck will not open one's mind to learn... it is diversionary.

Try again.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Tech Rob, I wish I had your skill with words. It must be a god given gift ?????

GA, so if I study all the religions and therefore different faiths, and I do happen to come upon one, which gives me faith in a creator and is not Christianity, would my faith be any better or worse than yours, any more truthful or not.

The idea of a creator does answer the question we can not answer and does gives use hope (well maybe, not the church i went to, I was sinner before I knew what sin was, so I have made the most the label given,)

If you can not look past your faith, then you have not reached freedom of the mind, this does not exclude having faith, but always searching for the truth. We all know that some of our beliefs are wrong, but if we knew what they were then they would not be our beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Passing the buck will not open one's mind to learn... it is diversionary.

Try again.
    I think you're the one who is using diversionary tactics here by repeating "Try again" and insinuating that you know something I don't. I think that your words are just empty fluff.

-Thomas Jefferson

So this thread has reduced to blowing smoke rather than learning... Typical libs.

Liberals are all the same... take away their imaginary reality... and the only thing they have left is their fragile pride. Take that away and they revert to smoke. No ability to grow or learn... just pride and smoke.

GA is out... not gonna waste my time on folks who are more interested in smoke than truth.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

So this thread has reduced to blowing smoke rather than learning... Typical libs.

Liberals are all the same... take away their imaginary reality... and the only thing they have left is their fragile pride. Take that away and they revert to smoke. No ability to grow or learn... just pride and smoke.

GA is out... not gonna waste my time on folks who are more interested in smoke than truth.
    In order for learning to take place, you have to first admit to yourself that you have something to learn. I don't think you're ready to do this. If you want someone to learn from you, you have to be able to articulate your message in a way that they can understand. Cryptic nonsense, arrogant posturing, and smoke is all you have here.

-Thomas Jefferson

dry county??? I thought prohibition was over couple decades ago... all the christian that look down on me because I would go to the pub after church are hypocrite... if my god would turn water to wine, he certainly would not oppose to going to the pub in MODERATION. although we're also advised that if whatever we do becoming a stumbling block for our brothers, then don't do it for the sake of them. so use your judgement carefully. but there's so much more to being a christian then just being a tea totaler. drunk driving is def not acceptable. d

the thing is if you prohibit something then the allure of breaking the law and abusing it is there. it also creates underground economy. we human have the tendency to break the law just to push the boundary a little but further. or you could have the setup like in ontario here where the province control the amount of booze available and tax it to death. pretty profitable operation I say.
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    In order for learning to take place, you have to first admit to yourself that you have something to learn. I don't think you're ready to do this. If you want someone to learn from you, you have to be able to articulate your message in a way that they can understand. Cryptic nonsense, arrogant posturing, and smoke is all you have here.
    Looks like your sparring partner laid down on the floor and crawled up into the fetal position and is going lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalaaaa
    May Allah Guide Us Towards The Right Path and move us towards a better understanding of Allah and Allahs Creation.

Someone many generations ago said: Religion is the opiate of the masses (masses meaning the working class).
    The full quote from Karl Marx is: "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people".

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I love you guys but you really need to wake up from Jesus land.

I live in a dry county, what that means is that the sale of alcohol is prohibited. Every time someone tries to change our status as a dry county the "Christians" gang up on them....they have even run businesses out of town.

Now...you may say that I'm just a drunkard who wants my booze close by, but what you may not realize is by keeping a county dry you are destroying it in two ways.

The local economy suffers as people either move away or drive out of county to shop.

The highways are filled with drunk drivers attempting the long drive home from the closest bar which is 20 miles away....or drank all their liquor at home and want more.
    It is also a senseless waste of fuel. I have no idea how any "energy conscience" state could allow such thing as a dry county.

A deprivation of freedom to both consumers and business owners.

I don't think you should judge all Christians on your local issues though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUQT4hykPd0
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post

It is also a senseless waste of fuel. I have no idea how any "energy conscience" state could allow such thing as a dry county.

A deprivation of freedom to both consumers and business owners.

I don't think you should judge all Christians on your local issues though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUQT4hykPd0
    I don't judge Christians based on this, notice in my original post I put the word Christians in quotations.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I don't judge Christians based on this, notice in my original post I put the word Christians in quotations.
    Understood. I agree many "Christians" need to be put in quotations. Or stocks in the town square. I am flexible on that.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast