Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Also.... homos like Elvis and Liberace did not wear cloaks...... the cloak like garments they wore were a part of their costumes.....usually an integral part of the shirt they were wearing......
    Anybody as obsessed with fashion and with suuch a vast knowledge of capes and cloaks as you are just gotta be a homo.

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Anybody as obsessed with fashion and with suuch a vast knowledge of capes and cloaks as you are just gotta be a homo.
    Corny: THE CAPED CRUSADER! That would not fly in my neighborhood, but to each his own.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    So what is intelligence and where did it originate?
    This is simply back to the infinite regressions problem - just a different take on the matter.

Philosophically speaking, if intelligence did not evolve, that means it was given.

If that's the case, who gave it to God?

This is very much a "have your cake and eat it too" scenario. If we say that intelligence must be granted, that means it would have needed to be granted to God as well. And then whoever granted it to God would have also needed it granted; again, just a different form of infinite regressions. If we do not say that, then intelligence is a perfectly reasonable result of evolutionary events (philosophically speaking).

The only way around the inifinite regressions issue, philosophically speaking, is to say that existence always existed, and that intelligence was developmental.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

This entire conversion proves the Agnostic conclusion that ignorance ( about religious knowledge) is the rational outcome of thought.
    The more said the worse it gets. Does the term "arguing from ignorance" mean anything?
    So, how many angels can dance on a ICBM warhead?
    Tracers work both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    Does the term "arguing from ignorance" mean anything?
    I would say that in this instance, the answer is most certainly no.

Of course, we know that a favorite angle of believers is to say that if someone doesn't beleive as they do then they can only conclude that there is something wrong with that person. They are arrogant, selfish, closed-minded, believing themselves to be gods, yada, yada, yada.

Any claim of arguing from ignorance is simply more of the same; utter BS.

As always, no religion embraces all of mankind, only those elites that will fit in to a self-designed box.

I don't fit. Therefore you are free to look down on me, just like other groups like racists would do when they find others that "don't fit".

Not across the board, of course, there are some notable exceptions, but it's difficult to find a more intense brand of demagoguery than is frequently found on these very forums!
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    The "Truth" to all has not been proven (regardless of what it is), therefore, are we all not ignorant on this matter.
    I see many intelligent arguments, but these can only be seen by those who are able to open their mind, to freedom of thought.
    If you are a believer or a denyist, then any argument,that questions this belief, will seem to have no intelligence behind it.
    Religion has a lot to answer for. (over time the finger can be pointed equally)
    The "truth" has nothing to do with my post. I am simply saying that people with no intelligent argument to debate whatever topic is being discussed, seem to always just fall back on blaming someone, instead of making a coherent argument to support their position. Just saying, " it's the Christians fault" is not an argument. You can substitute any race or religion for Christians, but it seems that they get the brunt of it more often than not.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    The "truth" has nothing to do with my post. I am simply saying that people with no intelligent argument to debate whatever topic is being discussed, seem to always just fall back on blaming someone, instead of making a coherent argument to support their position. Just saying, " it's the Christians fault" is not an argument. You can substitute any race or religion for Christians, but it seems that they get the brunt of it more often than not.
    Surely "The Truth" should always be the goal, in this or any other subject. I see many who have given intelligent arguments in this debate. If you feel that their point is opposite to your limited point, then you are saying there is no intelligent argument.
    Then if you want you use the "Blame Game", then who does the blame fall upon on? "limit of freedom of thought".
    If you look on this site, I think you will find Christians, get very little blame, compared to other groups of people.
    I do agree that just blaming without a reason, is only a statement, and not an argument.
    I stand by my statement "Religion has a lot to answer for"

Also.... homos like Elvis and Liberace did not wear cloaks...... the cloak like garments they wore were a part of their costumes.....usually an integral part of the shirt they were wearing......
    Pure BS corny and you know it. Evie was a good ole Southern boy. Thank you very much

This is more a matter of politics than religion. Just more proof that we need to fight to get government out of our social lives by greatly decreasing government and it's ability to rule us rather than to govern.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Sometimes I wish I had a cape.... Not a faggoty cape like superman or some other superhero tv or movie character......but a real cape.

Sometimes Im just cold enough to want something over my back and shoulders.....and dont really want to throw on a jacket or a sweater and I believe a cape...especially one lined with something like wool or some other fabric would fit the bill.

Several years ago I was in a store in asheville nc and I was in line behind some freak who was wearing a purple cape...... I made the comment that he must have been going to a halloween party but the girl at the counter said he was an "artist".... and wore the cape all the time.

Thats one of the reasons I probably wouldnt wear a cape out in public..... I would hate to be thought of as an "artist"...

And of course I wouldnt want a purple cape...... black would be the best color in my opinion...with silver hardware for the clasps or whatever and not gold.....

I may also begin working on some sort of internet scheme to make capes popular again..... maybe join a million websites and for each webiste create a bunch of different user names.....and make it seem as is capes are the new "in" thing for men....

That way I could wear a cape when Im cold and dont want to wear a sweater or jacket and not look like some faggoty asheville nc person....
    What you want is a poncho. I have one I bought in Mexico. It keeps your back and shoulders warm, without restricting arm movement. If you sit down, the front makes a sort of cozy 'lap-blanket'. I consider mine a highly valued possession.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    What you want is a poncho. I have one I bought in Mexico. It keeps your back and shoulders warm, without restricting arm movement. If you sit down, the front makes a sort of cozy 'lap-blanket'. I consider mine a highly valued possession.
    No, I think Corny is telling the truth and wants a cape so he can run around in his tights like Jack Black. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457510/
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    I have an oil skin duster for this purpose. It has wind flaps, long tails that can be unbuttoned for ease of sitting or crouching in and a large, cape like section that can be pulled over my head for rain protection. For having to be out in inclement weather, this thing is really great.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567