Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    You are correct, time did not create intelligence. Time only allowed an adequate span in which evolution developed intelligence.
    So what is intelligence and where did it originate?

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post

Actually God solves a lot of things.

Let's suppose the Universe was started by the big bang or it leaked from somewhere else. Where did the intelligence come from that formed life.
    And don't say it evolved over time. Time does not create anything.
    These are good questions that no one truly knows.

If there is a God are we his antfarm? Why would such an advanced being create all of this just to give us free will so that we may destRoy everything that was creaTed?

If there is no God, then how did all of this come to be? What is the universe? Do we really live inside the eye of a giant?

Imagining the beginning is complex beyond all means, because no matter what you believe the question always remains.

Who or What created the creator?

I would say about supernatural/religion that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Believers love it because it cannot be disproven. Non-believers ridicule it because it cannot be proven. It's all a matter of perception. We already established that, in the end, nobody really knows.

The eye is a mysterious thing.

But before getting into how or why it works let me ask a couple questions.
    Before the eye existed, how did the body, if there was one, know what sight was? Why did it need to see? What intelligence did it take and where did it come from to figure it out. The eye is very complex. And why does it see color? How did the eye or body even know what color was?

I could go on and on just on one body part. And yet there are millions of intricate details to create just one human let alone millions.
    Evolution doesn't answer anything. Imho. Life needs a reason to evolve or change.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    These are good questions that no one truly knows.

If there is a God are we his antfarm? Why would such an advanced being create all of this just to give us free will so that we may destRoy everything that was creaTed?

If there is no God, then how did all of this come to be? What is the universe? Do we really live inside the eye of a giant?

Imagining the beginning is complex beyond all means, because no matter what you believe the question always remains.

Who or What created the creator?
    I was watching a show last night on the universe. And one thing that struck me was this.
    If the universe expanded from a single beginning point, why did gravity take solid and gaseous objects and spin them into billions of individual galaxy's and solar systems. Why is a hot ball of gas always ay the center of the solar system and rocks/planets orbit them. With nothing in between.
    Look at the universe as if you were bigger than it. If anything it, the universe, looks to me like a tank of mixed gases exploded. Slowly. The tank being the matter and the gases being the fireballs that would eventually become stars. Some gases cooled others are still burning.

That's just the way I would look at it if there were no God. But even then who created the tank of mixed gases.

So what is intelligence and where did it originate?
    In my view intelligence is the capacity to assimilate, organize and respond to stimuli in a useful manner.

I expect intelligence originated with the first biological organism equipped with a functioning sensory system however primitive.

Like 9/11. Everyone said "We will never forget."
    But many people have forgotten or just don't care anymore.
    We are going broke over the wars and losing our rights every day. How much more do you want out of us?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    We are going broke over the wars and losing our rights every day. How much more do you want out of us?
    ???

I don't want anymore wars over 9/11. In fact we need to pull out of Afghanistan. We lost 3000 lives 11 yrs ago and have lost 30,000 more to fight a battle we will never win.
    It's time to end the fighting there. Let them kill each other and start defending our country on our shores. We need to start taking care of our own.

I'm not against defending the defenseless in another country from an invasion like Kuwait or Israel. In fact as we speak Israel is about get into a war.

Sometimes I wish I had a cape.... Not a faggoty cape like superman or some other superhero tv or movie character......but a real cape.

Sometimes Im just cold enough to want something over my back and shoulders.....and dont really want to throw on a jacket or a sweater and I believe a cape...especially one lined with something like wool or some other fabric would fit the bill.

Several years ago I was in a store in asheville nc and I was in line behind some freak who was wearing a purple cape...... I made the comment that he must have been going to a halloween party but the girl at the counter said he was an "artist".... and wore the cape all the time.

Thats one of the reasons I probably wouldnt wear a cape out in public..... I would hate to be thought of as an "artist"...

And of course I wouldnt want a purple cape...... black would be the best color in my opinion...with silver hardware for the clasps or whatever and not gold.....

I may also begin working on some sort of internet scheme to make capes popular again..... maybe join a million websites and for each webiste create a bunch of different user names.....and make it seem as is capes are the new "in" thing for men....

That way I could wear a cape when Im cold and dont want to wear a sweater or jacket and not look like some faggoty asheville nc person....
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

I had to wear a coat at work all day today because we have a f***** up heating and air conditioning system.....lol and at one point I was wearing my coat like a cape...... but I soon just put the coat back on because I didnt feel right wearing my jacket that way....though it was more comfortable than wearing the jacket in a normal manner.

Please change the word "cape" in the above posts to "cloak"..... there is a difference.....

Also.... homos like Elvis and Liberace did not wear cloaks...... the cloak like garments they wore were a part of their costumes.....usually an integral part of the shirt they were wearing......

The eye is a mysterious thing.

But before getting into how or why it works let me ask a couple questions.
    Before the eye existed, how did the body, if there was one, know what sight was?
    It didn't

Why did it need to see?
    It didn't. However sight conferred a powerful evolutionary advantage on the organism so equipped.

What intelligence did it take to figure it out.
    I'm not sure wha you are asking here.

The eye is very complex. And why does it see color?
    Because it has both a light sensing organ and an information processing organ.

How did the eye or body even know what color was?
    ?????????

I could go on and on just on one body part. And yet there are millions of intricate details to create just one human let alone millions.
    Evolution is dandy at producing intricacy.

Evolution doesn't answer anything. Imho.
    A noted biologist once said "Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of Evolution."

Life needs a reason to evolve or change.
    Evolution happens. No direction or reason required.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast