Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

The religious of America

I love you guys but you really need to wake up from Jesus land.

I live in a dry county, what that means is that the sale of alcohol is prohibited. Every time someone tries to change our status as a dry county the "Christians" gang up on them....they have even run businesses out of town.

Now...you may say that I'm just a drunkard who wants my booze close by, but what you may not realize is by keeping a county dry you are destroying it in two ways.

The local economy suffers as people either move away or drive out of county to shop.

The highways are filled with drunk drivers attempting the long drive home from the closest bar which is 20 miles away....or drank all their liquor at home and want more.

We had a dry town in our Bible Belt, or triangle at least. Thirty years ago they had a bar just over a bridge just out of the town's limits. Since then you can get alcoholic beverages in town at a restaurant with your meal. The funny thing is that everyone in the area knew someone who had a still, also there was a higher concentration of teenage pregnancies in that area then the rest of the province. Had a girlfriend that grew up there and talk around town was that she was a hooker due to the fact that she worked as a waitress in a bar. She told me that kids in the area would be all smiles and proper in the light of day and at night do crazy things like two cars speeding down the highway and them seeing if you can get from one car into the other. Must have been that evil Kiss music that made them do it.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Is this just a "bash Christians" thread?

If it is, I'll tell you right now that I think it's better to bash Muslims than Christians
    WHY?

Move.
    I like DIY'ers. They pay better to fix.

Maybe the Christians were there first and don't want your types loitering about all drinky.
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

Quote Originally Posted by Special Ed View Post
    Is this just a "bash Christians" thread?

If it is, I'll tell you right now that I think it's better to bash Muslims than Christians
    Not bashing anyone, just throwing out a point of view that some rarely see.

My great grandmother was strongly against selling liquor in town, but she didn't get out much, but Amber views changed slightly once she realized how many drunks were on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Maybe the Christians were there first and don't want your types loitering about all drinky.
    Nothing wrong with that, until innocent people are killed because someone needed a drink and they couldn't get it locally.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Nothing wrong with that, until innocent people are killed because someone needed a drink and they couldn't get it locally.
    My wife is from a dry area. You have to drive 30 miles to get a 6 pack. But there aren't any more accidents attributed to drinking and driving than anywhere else. Everybody there just buys a crapload of their favorite beverage when they go and get it. Instead of buying a 6 pack, they buy a case or 2. Instead of a bottle they buy 3, depending on their level of alcohol consumption. My father in law was always well stocked on beer when we visited.
    I like DIY'ers. They pay better to fix.

It'll be a glorious day when the minds of humanity are finally liberated from the chains of religion.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

Personally, I do not blame folks one bit for not liking religion, I do not either... Yeah, GA said that... Read on if you want to learn something: Religion is NOT Christianity, and TRUE Christianity is not religious. When folks learn to separate the two... they will be free thinking enough to find God.

TRUE Christianity does not include 'dry' attitudes... Jesus changed water into wine, and St Paul (wrote almost half the New Testament), said: Do not be drunk with wine, rather be filled with the Spirit. The implication is to have God control your life, rather than alcohol.

Problem is... some Christians are small minded... they think keeping the law makes them better folks. Not true according to the Bible. See Galations 2:21: (paraphrased) If righteousness could be attained by the keeping of the law, then Christ died in vain. Yeah, look it up. It comes right after St Paul telling us we died and Christ is our life.

As usual, folks drink the koolaid without asking questions. They get fooled by polecats, as well as by religion.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

Excellent post ga!
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

Has your area voted on allowing beer and liquor sales ??? Usually something like that is put to a vote and the majority of the people of the area determine whether or not it is allowed.

It took forever for the city to get liquor by the drink passed in town here.... liquor flowed freely as beer and alcohol sales were legal and we had bars that could serve beer....but would also allow you to byob...... but for some reason the folks here voted down liquor by the drink for decades before they finally gave in and allowed it.
    As Seen On You Tube (usually under someone elses name)

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    It'll be a glorious day when the minds of humanity are finally liberated from the chains of religion.
    Wise words.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast