Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Post Likes
    From the site email......

    I nneed information about removing a 50 yr. old gas fired radiant wall heat system. In the venting in the attic Iv'e found a pipe marked Transite. I have not checked the pipes in the wall yet. My question is I want to abandon this old system can Imjust dissconnect the wall units and leave the transite pipe? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated ASAP. Thanks Rick

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Post Likes
    Transite = asbestos.

    They need a licensed abatement contractor to tear that out before anybody else will touch the rest of it.
    "If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a KA." - Albert Einstein

    It's later than you think.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.