Question Vulcan oven question

I know the top burners are regulated but is the oven part on a regulator? I ask because from the pull cord shutoff valve a pipe is missing including the regulator, and the lowest pipe goes to the oven.

Typically, the oven and top burners run off the same regulator.

Ya. Should only have one gas supply hook up and it should have a regulator

Name:  IMG_20140502_215648.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  91.9 KBOk correct it does have only one gas hook up and the pipe I saw was the one that connects to a mechanical gas shut off valve.. What I can't figure out is it seems like the shut off valve went with a suppression system? Why would anyone remove that?

And for the gas valve it's a pull to open and when the cable is let go it closes.. I've never seen a cable operated one so I don't know where the cable goes?

You can see the picture here

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruB4 View Post
    Name:  IMG_20140502_215648.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  91.9 KBOk correct it does have only one gas hook up and the pipe I saw was the one that connects to a mechanical gas shut off valve.. What I can't figure out is it seems like the shut off valve went with a suppression system? Why would anyone remove that?

And for the gas valve it's a pull to open and when the cable is let go it closes.. I've never seen a cable operated one so I don't know where the cable goes?

You can see the picture here
    cable goes to the ansul system box

Got it, only thing is not too sure how they ran the cable and they took almost everything for the suppression system including the fusible plugs and the nozzles.

I moved to the exhaust fan and I'm not sure what is going on here.. The switch for the fan is closest to the camera, the top black wire to ground is 120V and the other black wire to ground is 0V I did not test that white wire which I'm not sure why it's wrapped because it's being used as hot or to cover the wire.. nevertheless I don't have any power to the fan.

I'm not certified in Ansul systems. But I am in KIDDE, when the KIDDE FSS is fully active, the exhaust fan must continue to run in the event the system discharges-inorder to remove smoke from the cook station. (I am not sure why the system has been removed either). In the KIDDE SYTEM, there is a station/fire safe box where all the electric wires & FSS links come together-the brain so to speak- and where the suppresant is stored. when the FSS discharges the power or gas shuts off to the cook station, a seperate switch in that system then sends power to the fan thus pulling smoke from the kitchen/cooking area.
    clear as mud I know but that's the best I can explain it without showing you personally.

I've never seen a cable operated one so I don't know where the cable goes?

That cable could have tied back to the FSS the same as the Fusable links, I would think, when the system discharged the cable would no longer have tention and shut down the gas supply helping to eliminate an additional fuel source to the fire.

Hope that helps.

I don't see where they would of had the suppression bottles at.. The kitchen must of been repainted as that's how I can see where the conduit was running.. I mean they took everything including the nozzles..

So I guess it works like this is you have the bracket for the fusable links and the cable running in the hook which links to the gas valve and the pull station.. what I don't get is, if the gas flow is on with the tension on the cable how can the pull station be one that you pull in the event of a fire? Because all the videos I saw shows a pull cable.

This may or may not help but here is a drwing I threw together.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BIGABOW View Post
    This may or may not help but here is a drwing I threw together.
    Thank you that helped!

NP, sometimes I get accused of explaining things like someone is a 3 year old, but I like for things to be explaned simple and to the point. (some days my mind works like a 3 year old!)