Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    This is the point, since the GOP commanded the votes of the Christian right when they assimilated the Christian Coalition they have had to pander to the religious fanatics to gain enough votes to win elections. Rove knew this and used it to his advantage with the 2 GWB wins. Until they find their true Conservative roots the R party will be relying on the churches to sell their candidates. Most folks in this country are religious but they seem to be having more of a problem accepting the mix of religion and government, as they should be - it is in the Constitution that two should be separate.

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    This is the point, since the GOP commanded the votes of the Christian right when they assimilated the Christian Coalition they have had to pander to the religious fanatics to gain enough votes to win elections. Rove knew this and used it to his advantage with the 2 GWB wins. Until they find their true Conservative roots the R party will be relying on the churches to sell their candidates. Most folks in this country are religious but they seem to be having more of a problem accepting the mix of religion and government, as they should be - it is in the Constitution that two should be separate.
    Funny nut**** please show me where in the Constitution that the Church and State should be separate. He is what the Constitution says and it does not say the word "separate"

The First Amendment to the United States Constitution provides that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof ...." and Article VI specifies that "no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.

That is all the Constitution says about religion and nothing else. For instance there are no restrictions on what states can do and a few states did have state sponsored churches in the first thirty or so years since the founding of our country. South Carolina for instance the Episcopal Church was the state church and SC paid the salaries for the Episcopal clergy. Just a little history for those who are uniformed and most are since this is never taught in school for obvious reasons. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Funny nut**** please show me where in the Constitution that the Church and State should be separate. He is what the Constitution says and it does not say the word "separate"

The First Amendment to the United States Constitution provides that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof ...." and Article VI specifies that "no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.

That is all the Constitution says about religion and nothing else. For instance there are no restrictions on what states can do and a few states did have state sponsored churches in the first thirty or so years since the founding of our country. South Carolina for instance the Episcopal Church was the state church and SC paid the salaries for the Episcopal clergy. Just a little history for those who are uniformed and most are since this is never taught in school for obvious reasons. Thank you, thank you very much

Enough with the Nut**** calling.

We all know what the **** stands for.

IMO its out of line.

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Enough with the Nut**** calling.

We all know what the **** stands for.

IMO its out of line.
    Really OK then please tell us what you think it is? It is not an offensive word in any way. IMHO you as usual are out of line. You seem to be following me around the forum.

Begining to look like a Troll here. If you want to enter into the discussion here then feel free to do so instead of nic picking on the side trying to cause trouble. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."
    Barry Goldwater

Beginning? he is a troll.
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Really OK then please tell us what you think it is? It is not an offensive word in any way. IMHO you as usual are out of line. You seem to be following me around the forum.

Begining to look like a Troll here. If you want to enter into the discussion here then feel free to do so instead of nic picking on the side trying to cause trouble. Thank you, thank you very much

OK since you wrote it please tell us what the **** stands for.

Only you really know.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Beginning? he is a troll.
    Really?

Seems to me you were the one who just piped in without cause.

I was on this thread earlier.

Were you?

You are on every thread...troll!

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    You are on every thread...troll!
    Somebody has to be the voice of reason.

You didn't answer my question.

Were you on this thread prior to your calling me a Troll?

Didn't think so.

So Bite Me Aristotle!!
    Last edited by mcjo tech; 11-11-2012 at 02:17 PM.

Wonder how long until the current troll gets a mandatory vacation... Word of advise:

Do not fight the trend... either join it to back away...

Consequences are not always fun...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

Funny the guys with the "Christian Values" use the name calling bit. That's Ok it is the last refuge of losers.

You are one of the most arrogant and pompous lil bastards I have ever seen on this site!...and Im not even a Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Funny the guys with the "Christian Values" use the name calling bit. That's Ok it is the last refuge of losers.
    So tell me what these Christian values are... Lessee if the one making the accusation can back it up... or if as usual they ignore when called out.

Your turn Trolly...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast