Thread: Site navigation and use

Post Likes

Site navigation and use

I've been trying to find an answer to a technical question I have. Instead of making this endeavor a success, I'm getting the runaround trying to navigate this site. I'm advised that I need to be a "Pro" member and to do this, I have to have a minimum of 15 posts. I came to this site thinking I could get some help from my peers in the trade. I'm not one to spend hours on the computer in forums posting questions or advice. I happen to be a professional with 30 years in the trade. My full-time employment is teaching HVAC in a technical college and, at the same time, maintain an HVAC business. I feel as though I'm being snubbed by some elitist site manager. You know what? I'm done wasting my time here. If you so called "professionals" want to play your games, be my guest. I'll go elsewhere and most likely help others, without your silly qualifications.

Richard Heffernan
    Asst. Professor
    New England Institute of Technology
    Rhode Island
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    Thank you for the intro, and welcome here!

The reason those rules are in place is due to the fact this site is for professionals. Now that we know who you are, it will be easier.

If you post your question in tech to tech chat section you will get better results.

Another thing that helps is to put that info in your profile, then we will know you are not some DIYer looking for free diagnostic help.

Post Likes
    Chuck, thanks for the reply. I got rather frustrated trying to contact someone who could help me get around the site. There was no place to click on to get to a site administrator. As a long time professional, I'm dead set against do-it-yourselfers looking for ways to hurt themselves or destroy property just to save a few bucks. I've worked long and hard to get and maintain my licenses and reputation. So now, how exactly do I post my question? From what I have seen, there are some very knowledgeable people visiting this site.

Thank you,
    rheff

Post Likes
    I'm on my phone right now, and can't get you a link. If you start at the home screen; hvac-talk.com and scroll down the list until you come to a section titled Tech to Tech Chat, Commercial. That would be the perfect place for your question on that Trane.

We have a staggering amount of info available in the pro and educational sections of this site. It would be well worth your time to get the required 15 posts and apply for pro membership.

Post Likes
    well, that is a fine introduction you have going for yourself there reff

the rules are; just that rules

maybe you should buy the website and make any rule changes you deem necessary.

oh, there aren't many elitist on board.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    well, that is a fine introduction you have going for yourself there reff

the rules are; just that rules

maybe you should buy the website and make any rule changes you deem necessary.

oh, there aren't many elitist on board.
    Thanks for the advice, dandy! But it's not why I paid a visit.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rheff165 View Post
    Chuck, thanks for the reply. I got rather frustrated trying to contact someone who could help me get around the site. There was no place to click on to get to a site administrator. As a long time professional, I'm dead set against do-it-yourselfers looking for ways to hurt themselves or destroy property just to save a few bucks. I've worked long and hard to get and maintain my licenses and reputation. So now, how exactly do I post my question? From what I have seen, there are some very knowledgeable people visiting this site.

Thank you,
    rheff
    An introduction thread can often go a long way to getting you help.

Post Likes

Wow

I've been trying to find an answer to a technical question I have. Instead of making this endeavor a success, I'm getting the runaround trying to navigate this site. I'm advised that I need to be a "Pro" member and to do this, I have to have a minimum of 15 posts. I came to this site thinking I could get some help from my peers in the trade. I'm not one to spend hours on the computer in forums posting questions or advice. I happen to be a professional with 30 years in the trade. My full-time employment is teaching HVAC in a technical college and, at the same time, maintain an HVAC business. I feel as though I'm being snubbed by some elitist site manager. You know what? I'm done wasting my time here. If you so called "professionals" want to play your games, be my guest. I'll go elsewhere and most likely help others, without your silly qualifications.

Richard Heffernan
    Asst. Professor
    New England Institute of Technology
    Rhode Island
    I would guess that this is not a good way to introduce yourself and ask for help. Just saying I think you would do better with a little patience. Take care and hope you get the answers you are looking for.

Post Likes
    You know, you're right. Having said that, no one has yet to help explain my original issue. I guess that's what I deserve. I'll figure this one out on my own, just like I've always done. Have fun playing games on your computers, boys.

Post Likes

Frustration

You know, you're right. Having said that, no one has yet to help explain my original issue. I guess that's what I deserve. I'll figure this one out on my own, just like I've always done. Have fun playing games on your computers, boys.
    I too understand your frustration. I am not a pro member and am having to go through the same steps you are. I think you assume that we know the answer to your question. I for one do not. Remember that blaming others for your problem is not the way to your answer. Again take care and best wishes on your journey to find your answer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in