Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If I'm not mistaken there is has been a lot written on the AK900
    concerning the leak problem. Can't see where the advantage of owning one would be an reason to buy one.

If I'm not mistaken, a lot has been written-about the leak the AK 9000 has. What is the advantage of owning one in that case? Takes away the confidence that inspires a person to want one.

The ole leaky ball valve strikes again and I have to call tech support. Lmao!

3pt - sent this from his DUMB-PHONE

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, a lot has been written-about the leak the AK 9000 has. What is the advantage of owning one in that case? Takes away the confidence that inspires a person to want one.
    The leak is not really in the gauge but in the manifold you can buy it with. If I decide that I want it I'll simply buy it without the manifold and put it on on I know is good.

If I'm not mistaken there is has been a lot written on the AK900
    concerning the leak problem. Can't see where the advantage of owning one would be an reason to buy one.
    There has been a lot written about others manufacturers too. The advantage with Digi-Cool is you can put it on any manifold you want. If you have a favorite one that never leaks use that one. Most of them of them that are permanently attached to the manifold. Some of them make you send the whole thing back to the factory be serviced so you have nothing but a wet finger to test with till it gets back.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    There has been a lot written about others manufacturers too. The advantage with Digi-Cool is you can put it on any manifold you want. If you have a favorite one that never leaks use that one. Most of them of them that are permanently attached to the manifold. Some of them make you send the whole thing back to the factory be serviced so you have nothing but a wet finger to test with till it gets back.
    Tes, but what i don't seem to get is that they think is a forgivable defect. I have read the archives before registering and have found copious mention of other refer analyzers with a similar malfunction and the owners were not the least bit forgiving of the gauge st, in fact the criticism is so extreme as to be demonizing.

Why does the AK900 get a pass on the same malfunction?

Tes, but what i don't seem to get is that they think is a forgivable defect. I have read the archives before registering and have found copious mention of other refer analyzers with a similar malfunction and the owners were not the least bit forgiving of the gauge st, in fact the criticism is so extreme as to be demonizing.

Why does the AK900 get a pass on the same malfunction?
    There seem to be two different problems. One I know nothing about and the other I'm with kiwi as I've made this connection plenty of times.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Not all of those connectors are created equal. Go to a hydraulic supply store and get a set of higher quality fittings. If the ones you have are cheap chinaman made crap fittings which I suspect they are then chances are good that they will leak. I have had this issue in the past with those fittings. After getting the decent ones they would not leak even after multiple mountings to different manifolds. You will see the difference. If however this is a deal breaker for you then disregard the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeferman View Post
    Not all of those connectors are created equal. Go to a hydraulic supply store and get a set of higher quality fittings. If the ones you have are cheap chinaman made crap fittings which I suspect they are then chances are good that they will leak. I have had this issue in the past with those fittings. After getting the decent ones they would not leak even after multiple mountings to different manifolds. You will see the difference. If however this is a deal breaker for you then disregard the above.
    Yes, but aren't hydraulic flares and fittings different than ACR (or SAE, what ever you prefer)? ACR flare are 45*and hydraulicno are 60*No?

Yes, but aren't hydraulic flares and fittings different than ACR (or SAE, what ever you prefer)? ACR flare are 45*and hydraulicno are 60*No?

Its actually 37 degrees but I am talking quality of the fitting. Any decent hydraulic or fitting supply store or whatever is around you will have those fittings.

A little common sense, and some mechanical aptitude is all that is needed. If indeed lacking in either is questionable, by all means stay away from these gauges!
    With a little bit of each from above, I had mine up and running for almost two years without one single tech support/warranty claim.
    I am no part-timer! They are my go-to gauges and are used most everyday throughout the year in refer work and A/C. If they do ever die, they will be replaced with identical gauges!!!!
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12