+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time for a new drill

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Time for a new drill

I currently have a Makita 18v lithium ion impact. It's dying a slow death and I'm looking to go new. I thought about another Makita which would give me 6 batteries but kind of want a new impact. What's everyone using? Pros? Cons? Recommendations?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Ive got makita now and will get another when its drops 15 feet enough, had milwaukees and dewalts but prefer makitas given others having to get new de and mil more than makit"s. i guess i beat em up enough to prefer. Id compare tourqe and battery life

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    I love my Makita 18volt lith. Impact. I have been seeing a few guys at my company going with those 20volt Dewalt liths. They are light as ****e and smaller.Dont know about durability!

Post Likes
    The dewalt has caught my attention. Last dewalt i owned didn't last the test of time but i did beat the crap out of it.

Post Likes
    Ive kept with Milwaukee. Always had good luck. Can't bash any brand. Just chose mine and am keeping with it

Post Likes
    My Makita 18v impact has been great, but I have been eyeballing the 20v Dewalt with the brushless motor. According to Dewalt it has improved runtime over previous designs, and I like the option of having 3 speeds.

Post Likes
    I have all the Dewalt 12 v max (sm version) drill, driver, impact and sawzall. I do mostly service and my impact is my fav, fallen of 6 footer several times with no problems.
    They have belt clips and stand by themselves, I also have the bosch 12 v minis in my personal truck with good battery life threw my mil 12 v in garage had 2 batts go bad.
    Changed over to 20 v lith dewalt but use them very little.

Post Likes
    I suggest the drill you buy have compatible batteries to run other cordless tools that are available from what ever manufactuer you desire. I have a M12V Milwaukee Impact and hammer drill combo with the larger 12V batteries for longer run time and more torque and i love them for doing service They save me a great amount of time when disassmebling units. I keep a assortment of bit/drivers in my tool bag and this really prevents me from having to make many trips back to my truck to get another tool.

I also have Milwaukee M18 Fuel lithion Battery Drill/driver, Small circular saw wood and metal cutting blades, Wet Vacuum (great time saver, tremendous power, compact and well made), and another useful tool is the Hackzall. I find this useful when having to cut off motor shafts that are seized in blower wheels or other types of cutting thats needed to be donw in tight areas. I have about (5) M18 Batteries that keep their charge very well.

I also have a Go-power sign wave inverter to charge my batteries and other devices when needed. If you plan on using/buying other cordless tools now or in the future make sure the manufacturer of the cordless drill you aquire makes other tools that you may want. It always sucks having different size and brand batteries for all of your cordless power needs. I have the peace of mind knowing that i will have at least a few batteries that have a full charge.

Post Likes
    the newest technology is brushless. i know makita has brushless drills and impacts. they also probably use the same batteries. might be worth looking into that

Post Likes
    i have seen co-workers go from dewalt, Hitachi,porter, rockwell and makita... still use my rigid x3.

Post Likes
    I love my brushless makita impact extremely powerful and last and last and the trigger allows for precise control

i believe milwaukee also has a brushless impact now
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    When my van got broken into a month ago they stole my drill. I then bought the ridgid combo pack R9600 with an 18v l-ion impact X4 and a Fuego drill driver to match with 3 batteries and a charging station for about $150 at home depot.
    Great warranty, they do their job great, I stand by my purchase.

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/18V-Compact-Drill-and-Impact-Driver-Combo

Post Likes
    When my van got broken into a month ago they stole my drill. I then bought the ridgid combo pack R9600 with an 18v l-ion impact X4 and a Fuego drill driver to match with 3 batteries and a charging station for about $150 at home depot.
    Great warranty, they do their job great, I stand by my purchase.

Post Likes
    I have an 18 volt Dewalt impact that I like really well, especially since I got lithium ion batteries. Those are the batteries we can get thru work so you don't get much choice.

I have dropped it off the 6' ladder a few times and still works like a champ.

Post Likes
    I've had a set of 18v, lith-ion, drill/driver Makita's for a few years that I really love. Unless something totally swung my attention away, I'd replace with a new set of Makita's. Their tough as nails. The size/weight ratio is perfect. Belt clips on both. When something has proven itself over the test of time, it's hard to change.

Post Likes
    I'm in the same boat my Makita lithium impact driver has taken a beating and still going. But it's only a matter of time before it dies... I think I'm going with the new 3 speed brushless impact driver next. Hoping Santa brings it this Christmas.

http://toolguyd.com/makita-lxdt06-br...impact-driver/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dchappa21 View Post
    I'm in the same boat my Makita lithium impact driver has taken a beating and still going. But it's only a matter of time before it dies... I think I'm going with the new 3 speed brushless impact driver next. Hoping Santa brings it this Christmas.

http://toolguyd.com/makita-lxdt06-br...impact-driver/
    I was looking at this site before and is it me or is this battery looking a bit fat? I ended up going with a dewalt 20v 3 speed brushless. It will get plenty of workouts this week so ill give some feedback

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 79 View Post
    I was looking at this site before and is it me or is this battery looking a bit fat? I ended up going with a dewalt 20v 3 speed brushless. It will get plenty of workouts this week so ill give some feedback

It's the same 3 amp hour batteries I believe.... That dewalt brushless looks very nice too, sure you will be happy with it.

Post Likes
    There's a lot of good impacts out there now. Hard to go wrong. I'm hooked on Makita, but for no real reason other than they haven't let me down to go shopping anywhere else.

If you already have batteries and chargers for Makita stuff, I'd be hard pressed to not stick with it. I LOVE finally having all my tools one brand so I can swap batteries between everything as well as have a couple chargers going if needed.

Post Likes
    <---makita 18v impact and driver. has 2 batteries and 15minute charger. it isn't the brushless one. i've had it since may and i love it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in