Boiler leaking water

I have a oil weil mclain boiler during the storm we lost power so boiler did not work.I recently noticed that there is an orange leak on left side of boiler on floor that is about 2 ft by 2 ft when I look underneath the boiler the parts are rusty is this condensation from the boiler not working for a week or so the boiler is working and the stain seems like its dried and been there for a while it was not like this before the storm. Also when I run my hand along the bottom edge of boiler it's sometimes it wet and other times not.Oil tech came over and he said that the push nipples are leaking water, he also told me that they would need to come back take the casing off and replace parts , and also that it might not be able to be fixed, he did not look under the boiler basically he just said to get it checked out after the cold season it over any advise would be appreciated..

Might seal when she gets hot? Might not? If it is the nipples more then likely it will seal, if it is a section?

Sounds like he is right on target.

i would get another oppinion. it may go away when you run it again. but it still needs to be looked at. the leak needs to be pin pointed so it can be fixed or replaced.

boiler leaking water

Thank you.. the tech said to get it checked out after the cold season it over , do you think it will be alright till then?

Quote Originally Posted by FUZZNICK View Post
    Thank you.. the tech said to get it checked out after the cold season it over , do you think it will be alright till then?
    Dun know, maybe?.... I am assuming it is pretty cold where the boiler is without power?

Still does not avoid the checkout to be certain either way, you may have something on the edge of failure, then again?

Not worth not knowing IMO

Weil McLain boilers have resilient gaskets rather than push nipples. As such, a leak between sections would be a real rarity, IMO. What is more likely is that there is a pipe thread somewhere that leaks visibly when the boiler is cold. I emphasize visibly because it is most likely continuing to leak when the boiler is hot, except you don't see it because the water leaked out is hot and evaporates quickly. However, it is still damaging the threaded joint and/or potentially the boiler cast iron. So I'd recommend you get a good service company in there to determine exactly where the leak is located. Waiting will only make the repair more expensive in the long run.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!