+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Two ICP RTU gaspacks

Post Likes

Hmm Two ICP RTU gaspacks

1st one PGME60H150C/G030612118..thermostat blank, all that's running is the combustion fan motor, no call for heat, got 24v into the control board, but nothing on any of the lv terminals on the board.

2nd one, PGMD30G0601/L941968053... call for heat, combustion fan motor running, no spark, 24v to the module, no open limits.

On both units, i've determined that on #1 I have a bad board, on #2 its a bad ignition module. Am I correct or am i missing something.

As I mentioned in the past, my electrical troubleshooting is a little weak but if im getting 24v in shouldn't I get 24v out, if these controls are operating correctly? Thanks in advance.
    A lack of planning on your part does not constitute a state of emergency on my part.

Post Likes
    I have a service manual on these units if you want it.

Send me an email (address is in my profile) and I will get it off to you.

I don't post technical info or manuals in this "OPEN" forum.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

Post Likes
    On the first unit, open limit @ hx, I jumpered it out, it lit off, no power to motor on com and high. So I guess I need a board for that one.
    And on the 2nd unit, indoor blower operates, combustion blower operates, no open limits, no spark on a call for heat, im gonna try a new spark wire first before condemning the module. Ill shoot you an email, Rundawg.
    A lack of planning on your part does not constitute a state of emergency on my part.

Post Likes
    Does #2 have a pressure switch to prove the draft motor? Is the switch working? If the flue gets blocked the switch wont stroke and the module wont spark.

Post Likes
    pressure switch is closing

Post Likes
    Are you getting 24 volts to the module on a call for heating?

Post Likes
    yes 24v to the module

Post Likes
    Ok... Check the manufactures wiring diagram and the sequence of operations. If your getting power in... And no power out, then that's a bad module/board.

Post Likes
    The 1st one had a blown out relay on the fan timer, but when I replaced it and the motor was finally getting power, it sounded bad. It took off slow, and ran for a while, unitl tstat was satisfied and as it was ramping down it sounded like it was stuck, so I shut it down, time for a motor.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in