+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Transit Connect

Post Likes

Transit Connect

Anyone got actual pictures of one of these laid out with equipment inside? My Chevy Express got wiped out by Hurricane Sandy. I'm considering one of these mostly because of the traffic and parking situations here in the Cranky City. They seem pretty small inside but the truck outfitter we use has a nice HVAC shelving package.

Anyone like them? Hate them?

How do they ride?

Thanks for any responses.

Post Likes
    I don't mind it but I don't really carry any parts or refrigerant. Mostly just tools.

Post Likes
    Sorry to hear about that freezon. I hope you didn't loose too much personal stuff.

I don't know what id do.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SBKold View Post
    Sorry to hear about that freezon. I hope you didn't loose too much personal stuff.

I don't know what id do.
    Thanks, SB. I didn't make out too bad, though. Lots of people dead and homeless right now so I don't feel anything but fortunate.

Post Likes
    We have two of them in our fleet. I dont drive one but I have ridden in one frequently and have worked out of one with another tech. If you get a decent set of shelves, ones made for a transit, they work fine. It also depends on how many parts you intend on carrying. They are a perfect size for a moderate amount of parts, supplies, and tools. But this said, you wont be carrying anything of size in it. It also has a surprisingly low weight compacity, so dont over load it. If you frequently carry pieces of equipment or heavy stuff like big compressors, dont waste your time, but if you need a small, easy to handle, fuel efficient vehicle to carry a standard set of parts, this is the correct vehicle for you.
    The only true knowledge is the pursuit of knowledge

Post Likes
    Thank you 5thRoot, that is very helpful.

Post Likes
    freezon wishing you a brighter future and hope all goes well for you.
    I would like a Transit as well. Did you get a MPG for it ?

Post Likes
    i was looking at 1 today and thought it was bigger in the cargo area then i imagined it would be, if laid-out right it could be very hard to beat.also saw 1 of our biggest outfits today in a caravan w/ladder racks and no window glass, also very nice. im sure you,me and all of us could use a big fuel savings. keep us posted

Post Likes
    I think fully loaded, we are getting about 16-18mpg or about 250 or so miles on a tank and a 40 piece will fill it
    The only true knowledge is the pursuit of knowledge

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 5thRoot View Post
    I think fully loaded, we are getting about 16-18mpg or about 250 or so miles on a tank and a 40 piece will fill it
    Someone told me in 2013 they are coming out with a diesel engine option that could get 35 mpg.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in