+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Appion TEZ 8 pump and oil.

Post Likes

Appion TEZ 8 pump and oil.

Went to use mine for the 3rd/4th time today after changing the oil and had issues pumping past 2000 microns. Switched to a 6CFM pump and had no issues.

Now that I'm thinking about it I didn't use Appion oil but standard vacuum pump oil that I use in every other pump. Anyone do this with negative effects? At time I was thinking it wouldn't make a difference but now I'm regretting my choice.

Any other feedback on this pump?

Post Likes
    I think people have used non-appion oil before with good success. Did you change anything when you swapped pumps at all?

Post Likes
    Nothing at all. Noticed it was taking an unusual amount of time for the system to pull down so I valved off the system and tried to pull only the gauges and micron gauge down. Would not pull under 700-800 microns. Switched pump and that one pulled the gauges down to 200 ish, full system to 400 in about 10min or so.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in