Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I agree somewhat, the problem with not pandering to morons is lawsuits....if companies were to take those stickers off they would go bankrupt in no time.

When it comes to wages, we got ourselves in a pickle....inflation is way above wages, which should be great for companies....enter cheap imports.
    Yet somehow we lived through the 50s with lots of hot coffee and no law that said we had to inform idiots that it was hot.

In other words, we have only ourselves to blame for this mess. We allowed it to happen and there's no putting the genie back in the bottle I guess.

In addition, stickers and other idiot information campaigns cost money that comes right off the bottom line.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

We drive up our own costs faster than other countries drive up theirs.

1. We create higher hurdles with exorbitant regulations like those of the EPA and ADA. For example, we insist that even after a 98% reduction in air pollution, we need to double our expenditures and take it to 99%.
    2. We add taxes to the cost of production instead of placing them at the retail level.
    3. We encourage frivolous lawsuits.
    4. We fight unnecessary wars.
    5. We force industries to close instead of working with them to make them more efficient and more productive or allowing them to find other markets.
    6. We drive up the cost of health insurance instead of driving down the cost of health care.
    7. We allow our government to make stupid business investment decisions.
    8. We allow Congress and the Fed to spend way more than we earn, which drives up living costs far more disproportionately to the poor and middle class than to to the wealthy, and which steals our standard of living from our children and grandchildren.

After driving up costs and stifling productivity, the only things left to squeeze are labor and small business.
    Last edited by Space Racer; 11-09-2012 at 12:36 PM.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    We drive up our own costs faster than other countries drive up theirs.
    Maybe, not picking on you, but saw some stuff I had to comment on.

1. We create higher hurdles with exorbitant regulations like those of the EPA and ADA. For example, we insist that even after a 98% reduction in air pollution, we need to double our expenditures and take it to 99%.
    This has more to do with society than is does individual government policies. I would NOT have to have my diesel truck Smog-ed if the tuner jackasses didn't modify their trucks to spew a black smoke trail that obscures five or six cars at a time, that is fact... We would not have to have 92+% efficient furnaces in our homes if homes were "normal" in size. We would not have to try to come up with ways to get the uninsured insurance if these people would take better care of themselves (not to mention decide to become a productive member of society in some cases).

2. We add taxes to the cost of production instead of placing them at the retail level.
    I am missing a piece of this puzzle..

3. We encourage frivolous lawsuits.
    Institute "Loser Pays" on ALL financial lawsuits, this is how it is in Europe, the lawyers wont allow it...

4. We force industries to close instead of working with them to make them more efficient and more productive or allowing them to find other markets.
    More often then not they are gobbled up by bigger fish, have not come up with any type of solution in my head yet, but this is half of it.

5. We drive up the cost of health insurance instead of driving down the cost of health care.
    This one is complicated as hell, remember the hot coffee debate? with malpractice lawsuits and hospitals trying to be stupid profitable I don't know that this will ever be resolved, my wife has been in the health care industry for 15 years and I will tell you this, be afraid.

6. We allow our government to make stupid business investment decisions.
    Stupid to who's standards? Personally my feeling on it is the government should not be making business decisions, so in my eyes, not only are they "stupid" but totally unnecessary.

7. We allow Congress and the Fed to spend way more than we earn, which drives up costs far more disproportionately to the poor and middle class than to to the wealthy.
    We allow? I think it is simply too much government. Plain and simple. We need to be consolidating divisions, eliminating duplicate duties, regulating state laws to mesh more uniformly to federal laws and so on, the attorneys are making out like thieves.

After driving up costs and stifling productivity, the only things left to squeeze are labor and small business.
    The squeeze should be put upon the global corporations make it difficult for the "Mom and Pop" companies to even have a chance. I know it will never happen because these are the same corporations making the rules...

GT
    If a day goes by and you have learned nothing, I hope you got a lot of sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    No one forces anyone to go into those large stores.
    Sure they do. Hell in my town alone we used to have five private owned hardware stores with a lumber yard. Now, within a 15 mile radius we have 3 OSH's, 3 Home Depot's, two Lowes', and 5 ACE hardwares. How is the little guy going to compete with that... If that is not "force", I don't know what is.... Going further, the nearest WalMart was 40 miles away, which was fine by me, now there are literally 6 within 30 miles of here.

Look in a free society prices are determined not by a popular vote but by demand and competition.
    Don't forget buying power, if a corporation buys 50,000 of one item, and the little guy buy 200 of the same thing, who do you think is getting the better price? Hint; not the little guy. These corporations like your WalMarts and the Depot would not have this power if were not for policies put forth on us by the very people we reluctantly vote into office....

Any deviation from those principles has a negative effect.
    Not any. Everything needs to change together, once unbalance is to a certain point, everything falls off the scale and we are right back in a recession, this is what happened in the housing market.

GT

Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    Are you picking on all of us illegal immigrants in Ohio?

Should I be?

Quote Originally Posted by GT Jets View Post
    Maybe, not picking on you, but saw some stuff I had to comment on.

This has more to do with society than is does individual government policies. I would NOT have to have my diesel truck Smog-ed if the tuner jackasses didn't modify their trucks to spew a black smoke trail that obscures five or six cars at a time, that is fact... We would not have to have 92+% efficient furnaces in our homes if homes were "normal" in size. We would not have to try to come up with ways to get the uninsured insurance if these people would take better care of themselves (not to mention decide to become a productive member of society in some cases).

I am missing a piece of this puzzle..

Institute "Loser Pays" on ALL financial lawsuits, this is how it is in Europe, the lawyers wont allow it...

More often then not they are gobbled up by bigger fish, have not come up with any type of solution in my head yet, but this is half of it.

This one is complicated as hell, remember the hot coffee debate? with malpractice lawsuits and hospitals trying to be stupid profitable I don't know that this will ever be resolved, my wife has been in the health care industry for 15 years and I will tell you this, be afraid.

Stupid to who's standards? Personally my feeling on it is the government should not be making business decisions, so in my eyes, not only are they "stupid" but totally unnecessary.

We allow? I think it is simply too much government. Plain and simple. We need to be consolidating divisions, eliminating duplicate duties, regulating state laws to mesh more uniformly to federal laws and so on, the attorneys are making out like thieves.

The squeeze should be put upon the global corporations make it difficult for the "Mom and Pop" companies to even have a chance. I know it will never happen because these are the same corporations making the rules...

GT
    Are you trying to have a conversation or build a fence?
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Quote Originally Posted by GT Jets View Post
    Should I be?
    No.
    (signed) Jose

No one forces anyone to go into those large stores.

Look in a free society prices are determined not by a popular vote but by demand and competition.

Any deviation from those principles has a negative effect.

I'm not saying anyone is forced to shop anywhere. The fact is they come into town and before long are the only game in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightshaker View Post
    I don't remember a corporation making me buy anything. Maybe it is the consumers fault for never giving a ratsass. Maybe if everyone was responsible and lived in their means instead of paying 300k for a glorified manufactured house, renting a big screen, and a 40k vehicle just to feel like something on their 30k income.
    Like GT jets says though buy what you need, buy American. It is hard for me to comepletely vilianize something we made.
    yes, your right, we are pretty much digging our own graves for the most part. Except for the fiscal responsible. I can't tell you how many McMansions I've been in that have no furniture and there kitchen table is a card table, but they have their SUV & BMW proudly
    in their drive way and their flat screen nailed to the wall.

I really think if most people were given the money to buy health insurance they'd spend it on an I-Phone instead.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I agree somewhat, the problem with not pandering to morons is lawsuits....if companies were to take those stickers off they would go bankrupt in no time.

When it comes to wages, we got ourselves in a pickle....inflation is way above wages, which should be great for companies....enter cheap imports.
    Yet who decides who is guilty and how much $$$ they get? Yeah, citizens on juries... whoops...

Seems to me greed is not just a corporate thing... it is a nation-wide thing.

Hmmm; correct me if I am wrong; but is there not Scripture in the Bible about the 'love of money being a root of evil"... I guess we as a nation are too smart and advanced to pay heed to simple stuff like that.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12