Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Gotcha. That's an easy one to change all by itself. I recently put a TXV in an old 502 unit the customer didn't want to replace.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Quote Originally Posted by craig1 View Post
    Actually both calls were for cleaning. The owner of the Mani said she couldn't get a hold of the company that used to do it. Then she told me they only charged $75 and asked if I could do it for that. LOL. I told her they're probably out of business. That thing needed to be brought off te soda fountain for cleaning.

The Hoshi was also a cleaning call, customers had been complaining of black specks in the ice. When I pulled the plastic pieces off the top of the evaporator, both sides fell off. I put it back together as best I could. It only makes ice on half of the evap. New evap going in Monday.
    Yes, you have to love those machines mounted on beverage dispensers. When you empty all the ice out of the bin to clean the black stuff off the ice machine, the customers get mad they can't get ice and you're in the way. They don't get to see to appreciate what a favor we are doing them.

"five...
    five dollar...
    five dollar butt leak"

well looks normal to my eyes..... its only a little bit of snot...get over it ...they all look like that....
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

just wedge some pieces of pvc in there to hold that plate in.....that'll work, right? Grrr....

Confused

YUM YUM
    Any job big or small,do it right, or not at all !!!

Protip: the competing sandwich franchise that advertises "freaky fast" sandwiches does not have freaky ice machines. Their Franchise inspectors actually look inside the machine.
    Not all of them. My wife used to be a gm there. She said they just checked in the bin. All the owners had them do was wipe it down. That being said it was nowhere near that bad.

I thought penicillin was good for you?

It's supposed to help us build up our immune systems! Yum.

This why I disinfect my ice by covering/washing it with Scotch before I consume. Kill's all that crud.

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

Protip: the competing sandwich franchise that advertises "freaky fast" sandwiches does not have freaky ice machines. Their Franchise inspectors actually look inside the machine.
    Are you referring to a certain chain that has two first names that usually sprout up around colleges? If so i can second that! They actually clean them!
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by DLZ Dan View Post

Are you referring to a certain chain that has two first names that usually sprout up around colleges? If so i can second that! They actually clean them!
    Lol, yes, the one with the cheesy signs all over

Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!
    Well you got to die from something might as well be from ice machine snot. I mean why would you want to die in bed with lovely blond after hitting the Power Ball for a hundred million or so?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast