Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Serious question. What happened to the Tea Party

What went wrong? The Tea Party candidates did so good 2 years ago but were flat this election. It seems highly unlikely that they fell so far so fast. Any Ideas?

Smoke and mirrors.

The Tea Party happened to the Tea Party. They started out strong then got real wacky.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    What went wrong? The Tea Party candidates did so good 2 years ago but were flat this election. It seems highly unlikely that they fell so far so fast. Any Ideas?
    There still around ace. So don't piss them off now. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

They ran out of the high octane tea

I would say the Republican Party happened to the Tea Party. I believe that merging them was never a good idea. I bet they were hoping to convert the GOP with their real conservative ideals, but I think the GOP converted them instead, likely with promises of payoffs and long political careers if they compromise and follow the GOP leaders.

Wouldn't be one bit surprised if they rose again here shortly after Obama got reelected.
    Last edited by Phrancis; 11-08-2012 at 05:51 PM. Reason: forgot a sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Vinster View Post
    The Tea Party happened to the Tea Party. They started out strong then got real wacky.
    They perform better when peed off, just look back 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    There still around ace. So don't piss them off now. Thank you, thank you very much
    Well I got it wrong on the quote, see the above post

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Well ace like any organization you can have problems sometimes. The Tea Party is focused on keeping government to a absolute minimum in all our lives. They still endorse candidates and still field them.

Lately there has been some disagreement over the charter school issue. Some members are opposed saying it is just another layer of government and others like myself support charter schools. In GA, state ran charter schools was put to the ballot and it won overwhelmingly. The schools that have been operating far out surpass the public schools with the same students and 40% less money. They set there own study program, books, methods etc. just like a private school and the parents get a say in what goes on. It saves taxpayers money and gives the kids a superior education. The NEA teachers union hates it along with their allies on the local school boards.

Other than that it is doing fine. Not a active member but I have attended a few rallies when not attending others. LOL. A good friend of mine is a very active member and along with being in the GA State Militia he has gone berserk with the last election. I'm the "calm" one here. LOL. Got to go. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

They were tossed out like yesterday's smelly trash.

The teatard batsh*t insane fundamentalist ideologues got thrown overboard. On the ground, they weren't much more than a loosely organized group of illiterate, racist, and xenophobic hicks anyway. Much like the democratic party who, on the local level, is made up of 300 lb. black women who are public school union members. The teatards were co-opted by the gay old party and utilized as a gimmick then discarded.
    The key to happiness is lower expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    The teatard batsh*t insane fundamentalist ideologues got thrown overboard. On the ground, they weren't much more than a loosely organized group of illiterate, racist, and xenophobic hicks anyway. Much like the democratic party who, on the local level, is made up of 300 lb. black women who are public school union members. The teatards were co-opted by the gay old party and utilized as a gimmick then discarded.
    What type of stereo do you have? Cause I think you got them all.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast