Thread: Lennox iComfort WiFi - Dew Point Control Humidity Setting

Post Likes

Lennox iComfort WiFi - Dew Point Control Humidity Setting

Hi,

Does anyone know how to adjust the humidity setting when dew-point control is on? It seems that I can only adjust the dehumidify setting which will them move the humidify setting within a 5% deadband range. Not very intuitive.

We have tons of window sweating all of a sudden so we want to reduce the humidity setting to 35%, but we can't get it below 40% (as de-humidify will only go as low as 45%).

I know I can go into the installer menu and change the deadband and so forth, but is that the only way?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffcalc View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone know how to adjust the humidity setting when dew-point control is on? It seems that I can only adjust the dehumidify setting which will them move the humidify setting within a 5% deadband range. Not very intuitive.

We have tons of window sweating all of a sudden so we want to reduce the humidity setting to 35%, but we can't get it below 40% (as de-humidify will only go as low as 45%).

I know I can go into the installer menu and change the deadband and so forth, but is that the only way?
    Dehumidify only works when you are cooling. During the heating season, sweaty windows are caused by not getting enough fresh air into your home. You need an air change in 4-5 hours to pruge indoor pollutants and renew oxygen. Adequate fresh air also lowers indoor moisture levels by introducing dry outside air and purging the moisture generated by the occupants.
    Operate baths fan 24/7 until the windows stop sweating. Your home needs supplemental fresh air year around to have good air quality.
    Keep us posted. Are you in a green grass climate?
    Regars TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Post Likes
    TB - I think you misunderstood my problem. The only way I can lower the humidity setting is by lowering the dehumidify setting (because of the deadband - but of course, de-humidify can only be lowered to 45%, so the humidity setting is stuck at 40% and no lower).

We are getting adequate air changes, but the humidifier is dumping excess humidity into the house because we cannot lower the setting from 40% RH.

Hopefully someone with experience with the iComfort stat can help.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffcalc View Post
    TB - I think you misunderstood my problem. The only way I can lower the humidity setting is by lowering the dehumidify setting (because of the deadband - but of course, de-humidify can only be lowered to 45%, so the humidity setting is stuck at 40% and no lower).

We are getting adequate air changes, but the humidifier is dumping excess humidity into the house because we cannot lower the setting from 40% RH.

Hopefully someone with experience with the iComfort stat can help.
    Lower the humidify setting not the dehumidify setting. Dehumidify is different than Humidify. Humidify will open the circuit when the humidity is above the setting. Dehumidify closes the circuit when the humidity is above the setting.
    Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by teddy bear View Post
    Lower the humidify setting not the dehumidify setting. Dehumidify is different than Humidify. Humidify will open the circuit when the humidity is above the setting. Dehumidify closes the circuit when the humidity is above the setting.
    Regards TB
    You need to re-read my question.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in