Question on bringing Reliable Controls into Tridium using BACnet

Seems simple enough although our company has no previous experience with Reliable Controls we have worked with Tridium extensively. Anyone do with experience with Reliable Controls aware of any quirks with doing this?
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

Quote Originally Posted by desert guy View Post
    Seems simple enough although our company has no previous experience with Reliable Controls we have worked with Tridium extensively. Anyone do with experience with Reliable Controls aware of any quirks with doing this?
    If the extent of your Tridium experience includes BACnet MS/TP, than that's about the only quirk you have to deal with. The last reliable job I dealt with was so long ago, I think it was with AX 3.1

Previous generation Reliable Controls devices could use either BACnet or RCP (Reliable Controls Protocol). If they are setup as RCP you will not see them via BACnet. Also some of their earlier ASC controllers do not use BACnet schedules, trends or alarms. All existing alarm may be an issue and not BACnet either.

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

We also have experience with bringing JCI N2 and LON Spyders into Tridium as well as both flavors of Distech. The particular site we were approached on is Reliable BACnet.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

Do it almost everyday. Easy to bring in and work with. only issue is that Reliable won't allow a "set" to a variable set point to priority 10. If you want a work around email me.
    Intelli-Building = Less Stress, commissioned with diligence!

Thanks for the help. I'll pass this on to my boss and see where it takes us.

I was needing to do something similar with a Reliable system and was hoping you could share your experience, gotchas, etc..

Some tips:

-Units are probably defaulted to SI
    -Baud Rate default will be 78K
    -If it is a VAV unit, work with the discharge setpoints, The Occupied space setpoints won't do anything
    -Some setpoints will be out of service so map in that property as well
    -BAS Control BOP is defaulted to off, needs to be commanded on for any setpoints to work