ALC SNMP Driver Trending issues
Have any of you tried the SNMP driver from ALC? We just received the driver (load into LGR 250) and test out for 2 months plus. we have 14 trending with 5 minutes sampling points. The 1st month was all right as there are not data lost, every 5 minutes has data logged into the database (using built in derby), the 2nd month started with random data lost but the data doesn't drop to '0', instead, the trending was a straight line from the last available data to the latest available point..data lost for either hours or even days.
Here are the actions we have taken but with no improvement:
1. Reload control program.
2. Restart the LGR unit. (using zap command and comes with error code #7000)
3. compress the database using derby compression tool (after compression is done, zap the controller and have no error code. But the trend data lost issue is still the same!).
I'm not familiar with that driver, but it sound like it's losing communication, the question is where. It's either between the LGR and the WebCTRL server, or the LGR and the device it's monitoring, or the Derby database and WebCTRL. The straight line you're seeing between data collection points is just WebCTRL connecting the lines between the last known reading.
Originally Posted by tjlaw85
I'm not sure how you're getting an error code when zapping the LGR, all that does is restart the module. Is the error code showing up in the alarms for the system? I'm pretty sure that a 7000 error is related to trending database. Typically shows up when the trend database is full based on the limits of whatever DB you're using. I don't remember what the limit is in Derby, but I seem to remember that there was one. I've typically used PostgreSQL and haven't had any problem with trend DB's getting too big. You might want to look at converting the database to see it that solves the issue.
But before you go that far, I'd try to figure out if there's a communication issue somewhere along the line. Start with the easiest!
What kind of system are you communicating with thru the LGR?
Originally Posted by bacnet>CCN
The 7000 error was on the alarm list after i zap the controller for once. But the database is less than 300Mb because it's only monitoring a device in the network. I am using the build-in default database that comes with ver. 6.0.
We are communicating with SNMP device that monitors temperature sensors and ampere reading inside a server rack. Currently we are connecting to only 1 SNMP device through LGR. All the device (including server, LGR and SNMP device) are using public IP.
I hope these information helps.
I've had some trouble with this driver in the past. Take a look at the network points page and pay attention to the count down timers to the next point refresh. See if they stick at zero, if they are at zero and never start over that means the point isn't being refreshed.
You already noticed the other symptom, trends that are just flat for a very long time when you know the point should be changing.
I'd suggest you open a case with ALC on this, they probably have some work to do in the driver.
Harris Integrated Solutions
Formerly Liebert (Emerson Network Power)
Expressed opinions are my own
Originally Posted by MaxBurn
I have checked the next refresh timer and they are counting down to 0 and refresh to 14 (I am setting 15s update time). The trending was working fine for over 1 month and it appears to have trend data lost recently. Communication to device is ok (I have setup a communication alarm in case communication link down), and no alarm was logged.
It seems that I have to report this to ALC as we are going to monitor more than 100 SNMP devices soon!