Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Testo 570

[QUOTE=itsiceman;14990301]On that note from your posts in this thread
    1. you have a SMAN4

I did not say I had an SMAN 4, yet

2. you have drenched them with a hose like Jim did to his testo 570 in that video and they "came thru unscathed"

NO. I said I have been caught in sudden heavy down pours with my digitals and they survived. .

Ok I misunderstood what you were reporting in your first post in this thread when you quoted me.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

YJ analogs may be as much as 30# off right out of the box... it has been documented here at H-talk many times.

My digicools are 6 yrs old... they have withstood more abuse than any analog gauge would.

It is said one can tell the quality of someone's work by the quality of their tools.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    YJ analogs may be as much as 30# off right out of the box... it has been documented here at H-talk many times.

My digicools are 6 yrs old... they have withstood more abuse than any analog gauge would.

It is said one can tell the quality of someone's work by the quality of their tools.
    Just curious, what is the recommended calibration frequency it is speced at?

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    Just curious, what is the recommended calibration frequency it is speced at?
    You would need to talk to Doug Lochart at Digicool... he is surprisingly available to folks who work in the industry. I can tell you the DC is spec'd over its full range... while some of the others are only at one pressure. I can also tell you Doug uses a different kind of temp sensor that is less sensitive to random RF and EM.

What I do know is: I test mine a couple of times a year.... it works flawlessly.

And while you are talking to Doug... he will explain to you some of the things included in the DC to make it less sensitive to random RF.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Here in Finland supplier's try to sell only Testo's 500 serie's and Wigam Fox serie's. One time I check out a Refco model and that was a full of junky.

How do these digital gauges (Testo, Digicool, SMAN4 etc...) work's in cold weathers, about -30'C- -0'C temperature range?

Quote Originally Posted by Murre View Post
    Here in Finland supplier's try to sell only Testo's 500 serie's and Wigam Fox serie's. One time I check out a Refco model and that was a full of junky.

How do these digital gauges (Testo, Digicool, SMAN4 etc...) work's in cold weathers, about -30'C- -0'C temperature range?
    Hi Murre,

We actually have a few Finns here at Fieldpiece so you are in good company. The coldest I've had the SMAN3 is -10 degree F which is about -17 degree C. Here's a video on it showing how it works when it's cold. The display slows up a bit but it's still readable. Fieldpiece isn't all over the place in Finnland as a few distributors are just getting on board but if you PM me i can help you get your hands on some Fieldpiece Product.

http://youtu.be/h47u5X6wtsY

The SMAN4 uses the same screen so you would see the same results with the SMAN4

Sorry RussellHarju, but I am not yet Pro member. So I cant send to you PM's... But I'm still intrested!

Edit: I will sent you email!
    Last edited by Murre; 01-16-2013 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Text edit

Quote Originally Posted by Murre View Post

There is a spec sheet posted in a thread on the 1250 pressure transducer and the spec was tested from -40 to 105 C.
    I believe the whole unit is rated to -20 C same thing with the testo. In the Fieldpiece spec it is rated to 0 C for some reason.

Here Finland is one problem. Manifold's are here 24h in the van (day/night) And then when it's about -20'C weather outside, every electrical tool is freezed up. And here winter is long.. I have 7 piece's those analog gauges/manifold's (3 in van) and now I am thinking to buy digital's. Huh..

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    There is a spec sheet posted in a thread on the 1250 pressure transducer and the spec was tested from -40 to 105 C.
    I believe the whole unit is rated to -20 C same thing with the testo. In the Fieldpiece spec it is rated to 0 C for some reason.
    The pressure sensors aren't the problem in cold temps. It's almost always the screen that goes first so make sure the screen can take the cold otherwise it's of no use. We keep our specs very conservative around here while other companies try to press the limits on their specs for marketing purposes. I've seen ours work just fine at about -20 C.

Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    The pressure sensors aren't the problem in cold temps. It's almost always the screen that goes first so make sure the screen can take the cold otherwise it's of no use. We keep our specs very conservative around here while other companies try to press the limits on their specs for marketing purposes. I've seen ours work just fine at about -20 C.
    You must be right Russ. The 557 and 570 no longer are rated to -20 C They are listed same as the 550 now at -10 C

http://testousa.com/refrigeration/technical-data.html

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast