+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Testo 570

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalieri85 View Post
    Well I made the plunge and got the sman 3. I wasn't considering it before buy after talking to Trane parts they warranty it for a year plus the two from firldpiece an I I have any problems I walk in and exchange it. The warranty process sold me. Hope it works out.
    I know you work on everything like refrigeration too so if you ever get annoyed hitting the button to change the screen give the DC a shot before you swear off digitals the testo is the same way with the button pushing.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    I like this one... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uhCxRKkWXI

I know the title said testo but he did mention Digicool. There are a ton of guys on the forum that use them. Mine have been very reliable. A few coworkers had to stop using the Testo 550's because of repeated issues and down time sending them to Testo. They switched to Digicools and I have not heard of problem with them thus far.
    The 1250 was rated for submersion but the the AK900 is not.

I have a 550 and have had it in heavy rain with no problems.

I borrowed a SMAN3 from a coworker and really liked it as well. The micro gauge was within 5% of my Bluvac (when below 500 microns). It was out to lunch above 10,000......

I'm currently trying to workout a deal on a AK900. I like that I dont have to toggle between screens. The 550 will be my backup if this goes through ( only because it is older ).

You cant go wrong with any Digital gauge IMO. They are all so much more accurate and responsive than analogs.

The 570 might be overkill if you dont need all the options. Look into the 557 if you like testo.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    I thought your uncle said you had a set of digi-cools that he got to use and you both didn't like them Maybe I'm loosing it and it was someone else .... So you have a SMAN4 now too?
    Uncle was still recovering from major illness and said alot of things that I would liked to have had some input on before he posted them. Can't un-ring a bell that's been tolled.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post
    I was called out on a HP that wasn't performing properly 2 weeks ago, it was raining HARD, had on my rain jacket and waterproof bibs, took a 1/4" nut driver and my digicool-ak900 with clamps on. It rained directly on the face for a good a 10 minutes, I had them laying on top of the unit, had to keep wiping the water off to see the read out. Unit was low on charge. I had a set of sman3's for 2 years, I liked them but no way I would've used them in that scenario.

The supply houses in my area also don't carry the BluVac micron gauge or Appion anything but I still bought those tools as well.

Well, digital question aside...I don't work in down pours that require rain gear. I got bite by 460v because my hands were wet. I quit that company cause they demanded we work in such conditions. I have no problem with a light drizzle, but when it starts to pour me and my tools and instruments
    are gone.

The SMAN and both Testos I own stand up to the type of use they get in reasonable working conditions.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Don't be hard on him!! He may just be taking Uncle's place as the Digicool troll!! Sorry lover

Post Likes
    The suppliers don't use the tools, they just sell them. They have no idea which ones are good and which ones are not. Why would you take some supplier's word over the guys that use these tools every day???
    The suppliers in our area (Most anyway) hire counter guys with field experience so they do know tools and instruments.

I don't rely on them for making my instrument purchase decisions, however.

Post Likes
    I have had really good luck with teh SMAN3 except for one instance in which the high side stuck, but got a warranty replacement manifold quickly without any problems whatsoever

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    Uncle was still recovering from major illness and said alot of things that I would liked to have had some input on before he posted them. Can't un-ring a bell that's been tolled.
    On that note from your posts in this thread
    1. you have a SMAN4
    2. you have drenched them with a hose like Jim did to his testo 570 in that video and they "came thru unscathed"
    FWIW I believe he did say he disassembled the 570 afterwords and dried it out with some rice.

A point about working in a down pour. Yes I avoid it too but I don't pack up everything like my gauges. I get the heck out of there and don't worry one bit about them.

Post Likes
    Do you guys use your digitalis as an every call tool. Know I won't be bringing them in to work on any reach in coolers. I can't convince the cooks to stop stepping on me let alone my tools. I have already been kicked out of one account for yelling at there staff. In my defense they did spill hot oil on me and give me a serious burn.

Post Likes
    Do you guys use your digitalis as an every call tool. Know I won't be bringing them in to work on any reach in coolers. I can't convince the cooks to stop stepping on me let alone my tools. I have already been kicked out of one account for yelling at there staff. In my defense they did spill hot oil on me and give me a serious burn.
    They are welcome to step on my Digicools. It would do less damage to them then it would do to a set of analogs.

Yes, every call, I don't have a set of analogs on my truck anymore.

Post Likes
    You could smash a set of regular analogs with just about anyones digitals.
    You'll get over that the first time you drop them or get a nice scratch on it

Post Likes
    Ya but I can be a set if yellow jackets for 50 bucks. Digitals you talking at Lear 250 no matter what brand you use.

Post Likes
    Ya but I can be a set if yellow jackets for 50 bucks. Digitals you talking at Lear 250 no matter what brand you use.
    I'm having trouble interpreting your post, especially the second part.

Do you mean these? They are no more accurate or rugged than standard gauges, all they are is bourdon tube gauges with a digital readout, don't waste your money.

Post Likes
    If I was at a customers... and they abused my tools or my body... either I would be compensated... or they would be a former customer.

Respect is a two way street...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    I'm having trouble interpreting your post, especially the second part.

Do you mean these? They are no more accurate or rugged than standard gauges, all they are is bourdon tube gauges with a digital readout, don't waste your money.
    I don't know if they are any better but they changed the sensor in the latest version.

Post Likes
    No I'm saying I can walk in to my united store and buy a set of yellow jacket analogs for 60 dollars. But I will pay at least 250 dollars for digi cool or testo or firldpiece digitals. So when my tool does break its a more significant hit to my wallet.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    I don't know if they are any better but they changed the sensor in the latest version.
    They using transducers now?

Post Likes
    I see no need for the digital guages there is no increased accuracy or efficiency although often they are able to automate the sub cool and super heat calculations.

Post Likes
    They using transducers now?
    According to them they have been updated to be more durable and robust than ever!

http://www.yellowjacket.com/enewsletter

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=itsiceman;14990301]On that note from your posts in this thread
    1. you have a SMAN4

I did not say I had an SMAN 4, yet

2. you have drenched them with a hose like Jim did to his testo 570 in that video and they "came thru unscathed"

NO. I said I have been caught in sudden heavy down pours with my digitals and they survived. .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in