+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Testo 570

Post Likes

Testo 570

Does anybody own this manifold. I have almost bought digital gauges 100 times but always back out. It's either the 570 or a digi cool. Testo 570 just has so many capabilities.

Post Likes
    I have 2 570 testos LOVE them do not tighten valves down too hard or valve seat will pull teflon insert out of valve stem

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalieri85 View Post
    Does anybody own this manifold. I have almost bought digital gauges 100 times but always back out. It's either the 570 or a digi cool. Testo 570 just has so many capabilities.
    Check the Fieldpeice SMAN4 out. You won't have to worry about over tightening on these because we know it can happen sometimes and designed our valves to handle the abuse.

http://youtu.be/OqC1YXNqVEc

Post Likes
    cavalier I see you are in FL. Did you see this?
    Jim you got a SMAN4 you could drench like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du8P-OGtXNY
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    cavalier I see you are in FL. Did you see this?
    Jim you got a SMAN4 you could drench like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du8P-OGtXNY
    Mine did and came thru unscathed...my 570 has not been caught in a down pour yet.

Post Likes
    I like this one... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uhCxRKkWXI

I know the title said testo but he did mention Digicool. There are a ton of guys on the forum that use them. Mine have been very reliable. A few coworkers had to stop using the Testo 550's because of repeated issues and down time sending them to Testo. They switched to Digicools and I have not heard of problem with them thus far.
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Post Likes
    If you are going to USE the capabilities get the Testo if not get the digi-cool. I have both and they are great but the Digi-cool is much tougher.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    I like this one... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uhCxRKkWXI

I know the title said testo but he did mention Digicool. There are a ton of guys on the forum that use them. Mine have been very reliable. A few coworkers had to stop using the Testo 550's because of repeated issues and down time sending them to Testo. They switched to Digicools and I have not heard of problem with them thus far.
    ^^ditto^^

My experience also.

Post Likes
    None of my suppliers have ever heard of Diggicool.

It would seem that if the manifold was as robust as presented here, they would b in all the supply houses just as Fieldpiece and Testo are.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post

It would seem that if the manifold was as robust as presented here, they would b in all the supply houses just as Fieldpiece and Testo are.
    I was called out on a HP that wasn't performing properly 2 weeks ago, it was raining HARD, had on my rain jacket and waterproof bibs, took a 1/4" nut driver and my digicool-ak900 with clamps on. It rained directly on the face for a good a 10 minutes, I had them laying on top of the unit, had to keep wiping the water off to see the read out. Unit was low on charge. I had a set of sman3's for 2 years, I liked them but no way I would've used them in that scenario.

The supply houses in my area also don't carry the BluVac micron gauge or Appion anything but I still bought those tools as well.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post
    I was called out on a HP that wasn't performing properly 2 weeks ago, it was raining HARD, had on my rain jacket and waterproof bibs, took a 1/4" nut driver and my digicool-ak900 with clamps on. It rained directly on the face for a good a 10 minutes, I had them laying on top of the unit, had to keep wiping the water off to see the read out. Unit was low on charge. I had a set of sman3's for 2 years, I liked them but no way I would've used them in that scenario.

The supply houses in my area also don't carry the BluVac micron gauge or Appion anything but I still bought those tools as well.
    Last paragraph is dead on!
    Many times I've turned my suppliers on to an excellent product/tool.
    Supply houses around here are definitely behind the times on tools. I have also had them (SH) bring in universal parts, that they were clueless on, in which I had done my own homework on.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Post Likes
    If one of your places carry UEi you can get the BluVac its just yellow

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post

Quote Originally Posted by kamersoutdoor View Post
    Last paragraph is dead on!
    Many times I've turned my suppliers on to an excellent product/tool.
    Supply houses around here are definitely behind the times on tools. I have also had them (SH) bring in universal parts, that they were clueless on, in which I had done my own homework on.

There were some issues between the supply houses and Doug Lockhart in years past... not sure how ti turned out. Bottom line is: Big players (Testo, YJ, etc) crowded Doug and the DigiCool out.

You can order DigiCools direct from Digicool or from TruTech Tools.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes

I thought your uncle said you had a set of digi-cools that he got to use and you both didn't like them Maybe I'm loosing it and it was someone else .... So you have a SMAN4 now too?

Post Likes

The suppliers don't use the tools, they just sell them. They have no idea which ones are good and which ones are not. Why would you take some supplier's word over the guys that use these tools every day???

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    The suppliers don't use the tools, they just sell them. They have no idea which ones are good and which ones are not. Why would you take some supplier's word over the guys that use these tools every day???
    ^^^^^^^^
    That's what I was thinking!

Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    I thought your uncle said you had a set of digi-cools that he got to use and you both didn't like them Maybe I'm loosing it and it was someone else .... So you have a SMAN4 now too?
    Don't be hard on him!! He may just be taking Uncle's place as the Digicool troll!! Sorry lover

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kamersoutdoor View Post
    ^^^^^^^^
    That's what I was thinking!

And the dirty little secret about supply houses and tools is: They want REPEAT sales. Problem is: Digicools do not break (well, except the clamps and wires). This does not do well for repeat sales... whoops.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Well I made the plunge and got the sman 3. I wasn't considering it before buy after talking to Trane parts they warranty it for a year plus the two from firldpiece an I I have any problems I walk in and exchange it. The warranty process sold me. Hope it works out.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalieri85 View Post
    Well I made the plunge and got the sman 3. I wasn't considering it before buy after talking to Trane parts they warranty it for a year plus the two from firldpiece an I I have any problems I walk in and exchange it. The warranty process sold me. Hope it works out.
    Fieldpiece has excellent customer service. I had problems twice with my sman3 and they did a great job of communicating and taking care of it with no hassle.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in