Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Testo 570

I have had my s mans for a week now and can't imagine life without them now. I do wish those yellow things for the temp clamps were not on there though. I have just been keeping them in a seperate pouch in my tool bag. Wondering if I can take them off.

-20*C winters and you keep your digital stuff in the van 24H?????

You, my fine Finnish friend are braver than I. I would not be brave enough to leave my Sman 3 and my Testo digital equipment in the truck thru the winter.

All my AC electronic instruments from Fieldpiece and Testo are in winter storage with batteries removed right at this moment. When I get a refrigeration call I take what instruments I need for the day and them put them back in warm storage.

Cavaleri85,

If you don't like the ears you can unscrew them and you will not affect the rest of the unit. If you choose to put them back on make sure to use a little locktight to keep the screws in place.

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post

You, my fine Finnish friend are braver than I. I would not be brave enough to leave my Sman 3 and my Testo digital equipment in the truck thru the winter.

All my AC electronic instruments from Fieldpiece and Testo are in winter storage with batteries removed right at this moment. When I get a refrigeration call I take what instruments I need for the day and them put them back in warm storage.
    Yep, that how it is! Today there was morning -27'C temperature outside. Guess what, ewen my Ford Transit did not want to start up...
    But if I know that I dont use my electrical tool's long time, I put them warm place to storage. And remove batteries, as you said.

Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    Cavaleri85,

If you don't like the ears you can unscrew them and you will not affect the rest of the unit. If you choose to put them back on make sure to use a little locktight to keep the screws in place.

Russ
    Russell
    I went to take of the ears off and when I did they would leave the hole from the screw exposed. Does that leave access to the inside if the unit. I put them back in and am gonna look for a shorter screw to act as a plug when ears are off. Just concerned that it would make the gauge succeptible to water getting on.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post

I wouldn't consider buying a tool that couldn't be used in cold weather, seeing as I work in it for 9 months of the year. My combustion analyzer goes in with me every night, if I let it get too cold the inside sweats when I take it in a warm house and causes error codes. But my Digicool hangs in the truck all winter and every time I need to use it I just turn it on, and it works every time...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345