Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Testo 570

I have had really good luck with teh SMAN3 except for one instance in which the high side stuck, but got a warranty replacement manifold quickly without any problems whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    Uncle was still recovering from major illness and said alot of things that I would liked to have had some input on before he posted them. Can't un-ring a bell that's been tolled.
    On that note from your posts in this thread
    1. you have a SMAN4
    2. you have drenched them with a hose like Jim did to his testo 570 in that video and they "came thru unscathed"
    FWIW I believe he did say he disassembled the 570 afterwords and dried it out with some rice.

A point about working in a down pour. Yes I avoid it too but I don't pack up everything like my gauges. I get the heck out of there and don't worry one bit about them.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Do you guys use your digitalis as an every call tool. Know I won't be bringing them in to work on any reach in coolers. I can't convince the cooks to stop stepping on me let alone my tools. I have already been kicked out of one account for yelling at there staff. In my defense they did spill hot oil on me and give me a serious burn.

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieri85 View Post
    Do you guys use your digitalis as an every call tool. Know I won't be bringing them in to work on any reach in coolers. I can't convince the cooks to stop stepping on me let alone my tools. I have already been kicked out of one account for yelling at there staff. In my defense they did spill hot oil on me and give me a serious burn.
    They are welcome to step on my Digicools. It would do less damage to them then it would do to a set of analogs.

Yes, every call, I don't have a set of analogs on my truck anymore.

You could smash a set of regular analogs with just about anyones digitals.
    You'll get over that the first time you drop them or get a nice scratch on it

Ya but I can be a set if yellow jackets for 50 bucks. Digitals you talking at Lear 250 no matter what brand you use.

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieri85 View Post
    Ya but I can be a set if yellow jackets for 50 bucks. Digitals you talking at Lear 250 no matter what brand you use.
    I'm having trouble interpreting your post, especially the second part.

Do you mean these? They are no more accurate or rugged than standard gauges, all they are is bourdon tube gauges with a digital readout, don't waste your money.

If I was at a customers... and they abused my tools or my body... either I would be compensated... or they would be a former customer.

Respect is a two way street...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    I'm having trouble interpreting your post, especially the second part.

Do you mean these? They are no more accurate or rugged than standard gauges, all they are is bourdon tube gauges with a digital readout, don't waste your money.
    I don't know if they are any better but they changed the sensor in the latest version.

No I'm saying I can walk in to my united store and buy a set of yellow jacket analogs for 60 dollars. But I will pay at least 250 dollars for digi cool or testo or firldpiece digitals. So when my tool does break its a more significant hit to my wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    I don't know if they are any better but they changed the sensor in the latest version.
    They using transducers now?

I see no need for the digital guages there is no increased accuracy or efficiency although often they are able to automate the sub cool and super heat calculations.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    They using transducers now?
    According to them they have been updated to be more durable and robust than ever!

http://www.yellowjacket.com/enewsletter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast