Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Having a one do-all-meter or not.

I don't want to start yet another thread about Fluke vs. Filedpiece. I was wondering what you guys thought about what you think is better. Having an all-in-one meter,or having separate clamp meter,multimeter,and temp meter?

I have a UEI Phoenix that I love. Will do all three but I just use it mainly for clamp and multimeter. That's all I use 95% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have fluke multimeter, fieldpiece amp clamp and UEI Phoenix clamp too, carry all three..overkill...no way use them all everyday! If i could have the new Flir meters that'd be great but too spendy

i have an fieldpiece that i use for everything. carry meter, amp clamp head and temp clamp in the meter case and have not gone back to the truck for the other meter in over a year.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

-- William Ernest Henley

I use a fieldpiece hs36 with amp clamp head and pipe clamp thermocouple 90% of the time. Every now and then I use my fluke 902 or uei dl379 just because I feel bad that I have them and never use them.

I have fieldpiece hs36 . Great tool . I have 2 actually .
    Rick

I have a Fluke combo kit with a 116 multimeter and 323 clamp on. I hardly ever use leads on the clamp on as the 116 has the magnet hanger which I love. I keep temp probes in the bag but I mainly use a Cooper temp instrument for service.
    I have a Fluke 322 and 902 as backup, both have been retired from frontline duty but still work flawless.
    The only complaint I have is the physical size of the 902 makes it tough to get into tight areas. Don't have that issue with the 323 or 322

I use the fieldpiece sc56 as my main meter. I like the swivel head and narrow carrying case fits in the service pouch nicely. I have the uei dl279 phoenix with a extended clamp head for backup in truck. The 279 has the UEI magnet I wish the fieldpiece 56 came with. Also have a amprobe clamp meter I keep just incase.

I have a fieldpiece SC56 that is used 90% of the time.i also have a Fluke 87V

I use a copper blue box for air and water temps.

AK900 for pipe temps.

Since I got the sc76- I never looked back.

One meter for me, except when an analog meter is better for seeing rapid voltage variations and such.

You need at least two meters....... at the very least a clamp and a multimeter....... but you need two because if you are working somewhere and one of your meters craps out..... you better have something around that can at least tell you if you have voltage or not...... and not one of those sticks...... a meter.

More the better too..... I have 2 clamps and 2 multimeters on the truck now...
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    You need at least two meters....... at the very least a clamp and a multimeter....... but you need two because if you are working somewhere and one of your meters craps out..... you better have something around that can at least tell you if you have voltage or not...... and not one of those sticks...... a meter.

More the better too..... I have 2 clamps and 2 multimeters on the truck now...

You are right.
    I carry 3 clamps, 2 extra meters, 1 light tester (and a partridge in a pear tree ).

Most multimeters have a higher ohm scale than clamp meter. I've been using the fluke 116 for years with a 373 clamp. 95% of the time the clamp is taking current readings exclusively, nothing else
    You have to pay your due's before you pay the rent!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast