Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by esabet View Post
    Just wanted to thank you all for your inputs. Very helpful indeed even though I see that there is no clear cut answer.
    Because there isn't one really. Manufacture selection isn't that big of a deal, they all do a good job making equipment. Most of the research should be into the contractors that are bidding the job. It isn't a bad idea to let them select brand. Find a reputable contractor and he won't want to put in crap equipment. He is likely going to pick what works best for the application, what he has been trained on the most, perceives to be the best value etc.
    Last edited by AJ1534; 11-25-2012 at 02:14 PM. Reason: spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by AJ1534 View Post
    Because there isn't one really. Manufacture selection isn't that big of a deal, they all do a good job making equipment. Most of the research should be into the contractors that are bidding the job. It isn't a bad idea to let them select brand. Find a reputable contractor and he won't want to put in crap equipment. He is likely going to pick what works best for the application, what he has been trained on the most, perceives to be the best value etc.
    Thank you. I can certainly see merits in your reasoning especially if the contractor has been in business for many years!!

Quote Originally Posted by esabet View Post
    Thank you. I can certainly see merits in your reasoning especially if the contractor has been in business for many years!!
    Contractor and installation practice are far more important than brand, all manufactures make pretty good equipment but some get a bad rap bc their equipment is sold to anybody's brothers uncle if you get my jist. Manual j and d are great to have. You'll never see a pay back from going 2 stage, especially in a northern climate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12