+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Data Mining...what tha...?

Post Likes

Data Mining...what tha...?

I came across this article.

http://www.facilitiesnet.com/softwar...rgy-Use--13544

Has anyone had experience with this? Is it actually being done? I can do alarms on certain pieces of equipment but to go this far could be something else.

Post Likes
    This is definitely hotter than hot in the marketplace. We are using SkySpark from SkyFoundry to do similar stuff.

Post Likes
    What exactly are you capturing as far as data and what formulas does it use?

Post Likes
    I just looked over SkySpark. Wow. That's pretty cool. Have you created any of the tags? If so how did they turn out as far as notification? What I was wondering was could you use runtime, discharge air temp, occupied times, etc to diagnose and rate system performance? I'm going to read more on this. Thanks.

Post Likes
    You have to use the tags to do anything. As far as data goes, it will take however much or little that you have as far as different points go. All of the points you mentioned would definitely be applicable. As far as formulas go, SkySpark has a few sample sparks (rules), but beyond that, you create your own.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by USC Anteater View Post
    You have to use the tags to do anything. As far as data goes, it will take however much or little that you have as far as different points go. All of the points you mentioned would definitely be applicable. As far as formulas go, SkySpark has a few sample sparks (rules), but beyond that, you create your own.
    My boss and I were talking about it this morning before a meeting. One way we could use this was to evauate unit conditions and add them to capital project lists not to mention see if the techs need refresher courses on proper charging.
    Perfect revenge for those dreaded words..."its the controls fault."

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in