Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 66 to 78 of 91
  1. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I realize you will defend Romney till the cows come home but I have one question. If you discovered that Romney used the tax free umbrella of his church to avoid paying income tax would you hold him accountable for that? Is that acceptable to you?
    I do not think a person's tax records are the basis of whether they should hold public office. I think their EXPERIENCE and their TRACK RECORD is more important.

    This idea of whatever one can come up with to create a tabloid mentality being the yardstick of qualification for public office... well it is the King/Queen USING the pawns. So to anyone that voted for BHO... how does it feel to be a pawn?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  2. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,135
    Quote Originally Posted by tostaos View Post
    There are so many Americans cheating the tax law that the Swiss have to change the law and the Swiss Banks agree to send data to the IRS.
    The Swiss did not 'agree', they were forced with serious political persuasion (can you say blackmailed). Might want to do some research on that one... anyone who was a trader over the last couple of decades literally WATCHED it happen. All so dishonest polecats could gain more tax revenue to buy more votes.

    The Swiss were PROUD of the fact their country was a tax haven... it is the reason nobody invaded Switzerland during WW2... nobody wanted the wrath of the worlds richest folks.

    When will we learn: Any govt that can give you what you want, can take it away. I kinda wish some of this 'taking away' would happen... so you naive libs would learn you were nothing more than pawns in someone's dynasty.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  3. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,384
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I do not think a person's tax records are the basis of whether they should hold public office.
    And that is why nobody on the other side of the isle will hold Obama accountable for anything. They have the same low standards of qualification you do.

    If Romney funneled his money through his church to avoid taxes he has no business being our presdent, whether it is legal or not. Not only would it make him the epitome of sleaze but it makes him blackmailalbe.

  4. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    4,413
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    The Swiss did not 'agree', they were forced with serious political persuasion (can you say blackmailed).
    blackmail is correct
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    The Swiss were PROUD of the fact their country was a tax haven... it is the reason nobody invaded Switzerland during WW2... nobody wanted the wrath of the worlds richest folks.
    That is not exactly true. The Swiss do not perceive themselves as a tax haven, but you are correct, they are proud of their bank secrets. Neither was the reason that they did not get invaded during the last world war. It's more lucky circumstances and some cooperation with the enemy.

    oh, and by the way, Obama would be over there just right from the middle in the political spectrum. Isn't it amazing that so many Republicans have billions of dollars in a country full what you guys call Socialists for safekeeping.

  5. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    matthew.j.jordan@us.army.mil
    Posts
    19
    The magic number is 1971 when 'the powers that be' chose to leave the gold standard as a way to back our dollar.
    PTBs also like power. The power to manipulate the dollar up and down. Keyensian economics. Our markets need no manipulation or interference.
    PTBs believe that markets need it in order to 'take from one to give to another' to get votes and stay in power, under the guise of 'equality'. It's hard to beat Santa.
    Being a business owner, knowing how to manage the money YOU earned as opposed to food stamps (some people in fact need them, but then again, prior to contemporary society there WERE organizations that helped people, i.e., church and social groups) and general motors bail outs (which is still 47% owned by....PTBs).
    The consumer, small business owner and the markets need no interference. Period.
    Also, if someone knows enough to put their money where it won't be in danger of loss, who is to say it is wrong. Dodd-Frank forced that hand.

  6. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beatrice, NE
    Posts
    2,110
    The Dow was up 60 today the president spoke it's now down 10

  7. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Helena, Montana
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    And that is why nobody on the other side of the isle will hold Obama accountable for anything. They have the same low standards of qualification you do.

    If Romney funneled his money through his church to avoid taxes he has no business being our presdent, whether it is legal or not. Not only would it make him the epitome of sleaze but it makes him blackmailalbe.
    Hang on a minute here...how many of Obama's appointees were found to owe taxes? I can't remember and don't feel like looking it up but its seems there were 4 or more.

    Maybe that's the silver lining, if he appoints all new cabinet members we will find even more tax cheats on the left that have to pony up! (NOTE: I would lay a dime to a dollar almost all of congress owes taxes.)
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

  8. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    4,413
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    Hang on a minute here...how many of Obama's appointees were found to owe taxes? I can't remember and don't feel like looking it up but its seems there were 4 or more.

    Maybe that's the silver lining, if he appoints all new cabinet members we will find even more tax cheats on the left that have to pony up! (NOTE: I would lay a dime to a dollar almost all of congress owes taxes.)
    owing taxes does you not make a cheater...and when you owe taxes you pay interest. What is the problem? It's a very bad argument from both sides.

  9. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,599
    Quote Originally Posted by tostaos View Post
    owing taxes does you not make a cheater...and when you owe taxes you pay interest. What is the problem? It's a very bad argument from both sides.
    LOL, try explaining that to IRS when they penalize you. BTW I had to file an extension because I didn't have one document. I estimated and paid my taxes on the extendion. I was wrong and IRS penalized me, for overpaying!!

  10. #75
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Anderson, South Carolina, United States
    Posts
    7,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    And that is why nobody on the other side of the isle will hold Obama accountable for anything. They have the same low standards of qualification you do.

    If Romney funneled his money through his church to avoid taxes he has no business being our presdent, whether it is legal or not. Not only would it make him the epitome of sleaze but it makes him blackmailalbe.
    I much rather give my money generously to the local Church than the government because at least they get something done with it and make the community better, not to mention help to spread the Word of God to the masses.

  11. #76
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,971
    Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    LOL, try explaining that to IRS when they penalize you. BTW I had to file an extension because I didn't have one document. I estimated and paid my taxes on the extendion. I was wrong and IRS penalized me, for overpaying!!
    The whole reason for the IRS allowing you to file an extension is so you dont have to pay a penalty as long as you pay at least what you think you will owe. So if you paid what you owed or more, then the penalty was for something else.

  12. #77
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post

    The whole reason for the IRS allowing you to file an extension is so you dont have to pay a penalty as long as you pay at least what you think you will owe. So if you paid what you owed or more, then the penalty was for something else.
    Is there anyway to not collect a refund owed to you?

  13. #78
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    And that is why nobody on the other side of the isle will hold Obama accountable for anything. They have the same low standards of qualification you do.

    If Romney funneled his money through his church to avoid taxes he has no business being our presdent, whether it is legal or not. Not only would it make him the epitome of sleaze but it makes him blackmailalbe.
    I do not think you get the point Brian;

    Two choices:

    A: Squeaky clean everything in their life... yet literally ZERO experience running anything.
    B: a few skeletons in their closet (what happens when one learns through the school of hard knocks), yet has successfully run multi-trillion/year corporations.

    Which one would YOU hire to run YOUR company (remember, it is YOUR $$$ at stake)?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event