Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by CTrojano1214 View Post
    I don't vote anymore. And Im not interested in handouts, Ill be wealthy because I want to, I'm just saying what would Romney have done.
    Romney would have raised fees....so all these people griping about high taxes now would have been just as upset....well maybe not until they went to buy a gun, or ride a bus.

And what would Romney have done if he was elected. Make the rich richer n the poor poorer. Honestly who cares who the president is for the next 100 years, this system needs to be changed. Congress votes against eachother whether a democrat or republican is in office so nothing will ever be accomplished. For christ sakes these people vote for a raise for themselves, lol. People need to start seeing the big picture how corporations have ruined family owned businesses. Its disgusting.
    Corporations may ruin family businesses but they make more jobs available for the public and they make goods available to the people that dont cost as much. They do what americans demand of them. Knock mom and pop out and put in a big box store..... that is sad....and its a shame....but its the truth.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

You say they make more jobs but all I'm seeing is less than 10 employees in super center Walmarts, meanwhile there's 2 registers open and 50 people in line lol, now shouldn't these corporations be required to hire so many people since they take all the money

Unemployment to break all-time record in 2013:

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...,3819636.story
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Not surprising that WORLDWIDE unemployment is going up. As developing countries industrialize the need for labor drops. The same for industrialized countries that are relying more on IT - less need for backs and hands.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Come on Tool, business old and new go out of business all the time. I'm just saying that if your business fails and you blame it on a President than your business would have failed anyway. It matters little how old it is. Most older Business fail because the owner gets to old to do the work by theirself and their children want nothing to do with it. They try to sell it for more than it's worth and nobody buys it sho they just shut down
    Let me rewrite this a little,if you don't mind Ace. The kids use the business as an ATM machine,turning a great business into one that fails.seen it many times.

Quote Originally Posted by coolperfect View Post
    Let me rewrite this a little,if you don't mind Ace. The kids use the business as an ATM machine,turning a great business into one that fails.seen it many times.
    I can agree with that

Ive got to go take a ****...anyone got a copy of the bill of rights I can use ???

You're not getting it back...... unless you really want it........lol You will have to retrieve it also..... Im not sticking my hand down in there....
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

You say they make more jobs but all I'm seeing is less than 10 employees in super center Walmarts, meanwhile there's 2 registers open and 50 people in line lol, now shouldn't these corporations be required to hire so many people since they take all the money
    Don't know how it is with you guys but around here some of the big box stores are starting to feel pinched. Where they nailed the mom and pop businesses they are now getting hit by the virtual marketplace. People go to the stores, look at the merchandise till they decide what they like, look online who sells it the cheapest and the item comes delivered a while later. It is a changing retail world, it is not the same one of four years ago and in four years it will probably look different than today.

So why is the landscape changing? Is it Obama or is it just a natural progression of a shrinking world? Why are businesses having a hard time making a go of it? If there was money out there to mine business would be booming. But the problem was you guys (not personally but as a country) overextended yourselves spending money you did not have (Credit! Cheap money! Don't pay till ...) and the economy grew in size because of it. When the bubble broke everybody's wealth went down, the economy shrank, things got harder. Now days it seems more of you are getting rid of your debts rather than plying your money into the economy, no wonder businesses are hurting (even though the stock market is doing well, something seems wrong).

And talking about the stock market, there are businesses that are doing quite well thank you, and are sitting on a lot of cash. So they are taking money out of the economy, reducing the money you and I are chasing, money that could be adding jobs to the economy, which would bring money into the government coffers, you seem to get the reoccurring theme here? Yes it is money. If people were as willing to get into debt as the were a while back and banks were as willing to throw money out the door to anyone that could spell their name you would see business thriving.

So we are basically living the hangover from the party we were living for the last decade. And to make it clear, it is not all about you guys. If there were any bright spots in the world we would be mining them for money also, this is a global problem. Hopefully we will get more flush with money and start spending it, maybe we will act like our parents or our parents parents (depending how old you are) and watch our pennies (ok, dollars, inflation). Might be a generation before things get better. I sure hope not.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post

Don't know how it is with you guys but around here some of the big box stores are starting to feel pinched. Where they nailed the mom and pop businesses they are now getting hit by the virtual marketplace. People go to the stores, look at the merchandise till they decide what they like, look online who sells it the cheapest and the item comes delivered a while later. It is a changing retail world, it is not the same one of four years ago and in four years it will probably look different than today.

So why is the landscape changing? Is it Obama or is it just a natural progression of a shrinking world? Why are businesses having a hard time making a go of it? If there was money out there to mine business would be booming. But the problem was you guys (not personally but as a country) overextended yourselves spending money you did not have (Credit! Cheap money! Don't pay till ...) and the economy grew in size because of it. When the bubble broke everybody's wealth went down, the economy shrank, things got harder. Now days it seems more of you are getting rid of your debts rather than plying your money into the economy, no wonder businesses are hurting (even though the stock market is doing well, something seems wrong).

And talking about the stock market, there are businesses that are doing quite well thank you, and are sitting on a lot of cash. So they are taking money out of the economy, reducing the money you and I are chasing, money that could be adding jobs to the economy, which would bring money into the government coffers, you seem to get the reoccurring theme here? Yes it is money. If people were as willing to get into debt as the were a while back and banks were as willing to throw money out the door to anyone that could spell their name you would see business thriving.

So we are basically living the hangover from the party we were living for the last decade. And to make it clear, it is not all about you guys. If there were any bright spots in the world we would be mining them for money also, this is a global problem. Hopefully we will get more flush with money and start spending it, maybe we will act like our parents or our parents parents (depending how old you are) and watch our pennies (ok, dollars, inflation). Might be a generation before things get better. I sure hope not.
    I agree with you....like a teenager the economy was in party mode for a long time...living high on the hog, good times....the economy is now in hangover mode. The party is over, and the ill effects of the night before has us with our heads in the toilet.

I'm not an Obama lover but it's getting tiresome hearing people blame him for things he had no control over. Had a customer ask me the other day if I could fill an old propane tank....I stated the law which requires that a bottle has to be recertified every 12 years.... the guy went off on me...damn Obama this damn Obama that...then he went on to tell me about how he got denied a bottle filled in the 1980's for the same reason....he talked like Obama has made all the laws in this country.... and talked down to me and about the business. Fortunately I didn't open my mouth and the guy has been back twice since then making purchases.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234