Question

Looking for some input,on oil test tools.
    Employer provides carbon monoxide meter. But i still need a smoke test pump, draft guage, and a stack themometer.The price of these tools Individually looks about half the cost of the complete wet kit.

Dont know your funds but electronic combustion analyzers are the best way to go. You can see real time what your adjustments do. I use Bacharach Fyrite Pro 125 and a smoke pump. Using this is also a good tool for testing and confirming cracked heat exchangers. Using a combustion tester and my heat exchanger inspection camera they have already paid for themselves.

My employer is providing a Bacharach Monoxor II, but is still need a smoke test pump, draft gauge (H20), and a stack thermometer.
    To buy these individually I’ll be looking at $200+, the complete Wet kit is around $500.
    My question is it worth it to just buy the whole kit, and take my loss now or to buy the tools piece-meal, thoughts 1 a backup (no batteries to fail without notice), and 2 what if I changed employers and then was required to have my own.
    Would you mess with a wet kit at all ?