Hybrid View

Best Stat for Tempstar Communicating Furnace?

Looking at a Tempstar 2-Stage Variable Speed Communicating Furnace to go with a 2-Stage AC, but am not sure the best stat to go with it. Tempstar makes their communicating Observer wall control, but what am I getting over a Honeywell 8000 or IAQ? It seems like the Observer dehumidifies by lowering the variable fan speed, while the Honeywell's will just take the temp a few degrees lower to pull more air out. Is that correct? What else would there be? What is my best bang for the buck stat? Thanks!!

Anyone?

Better air flow control using the communicating stat that was designed for it.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

But how much better? Would I notice any difference in the house? I read a lot here about not dumbing down a new expensive system with a cheaper stat, but this would be a pretty expensive upgrade, and if there aren't a lot of noticeable differences, then it probably isn't worth it for me.

CFM is usually adjustable through the stat, not just a single slow down signal from a standard 24 volt stat. And it should be better at controlling staging.
    Contractor locator map

The communicating stat will actually reduce fan speed incrementally and compressor stage to get more correct temp and humidity, Other stat will more likely overshoot you temp set point to decrease humidity to desired point. I think default temp overshoot is 3 degrees.

I have read some posts say that the newer VisionPro 8000 can do this as well and some say that only the VisionPro IAQ can do it. I wouldn't mind paying for communicating if it is really worth it, but contractor says I wouldn't be getting much for what I would be paying since ac is not communicating. I definitely do want the stat to be able to able to slow the blower since I am paying for a variable speed, but only want to pay for the Communicating if I am going to actually feel a difference. What would you recommend that I use since I don't mind paying more, but want the best value for the money? Thanks!!

IAQ(YTH9421), or the HD.
    Contractor locator map