Post Likes

Sunday in Downtown Ft. Worth, TX - Illustrated

I'm sure you will all find it interesting that I had a piece of Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory. Thank you very much.

Good Friends invited me to go with them.

Me

Cute little girl gave me a smile -- haha. What a cute kid.

Inside the Cheesecake Factory.

TRS-80 is Tandy Radio Shack 1980 with 2 5.25" floppy drives. Radio Shack headquarters in Ft. Worth, TX.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Trash 80. Haven't seen one of those in forever.
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by desert guy View Post
    Trash 80. Haven't seen one of those in forever.
    Trash 80, you got it right. I actually worked at the plant in Ft. Worth for a while in 1981/82. This was back in the glory days of Amercia when everything was made in America. And TRS does stand for Tandy/Radio Shack, but the "80" stands for the Zilog Z80 processor used in them. Also, those floppy drives look like maybe 8" or 9" drives and not 5.25" drives. I'm not sure. This computer sold for $1799 when it came out in 1984.

http://www.trs-80.org/model-4p/

Post Likes
    I drive by an old Zilog plant every day. I think Micron is using it as a satalite now. Have to look.

I remember when Radio Shack had some pretty good stuff and was "Radio" related. It's all cheap crap now and half the store is dedicated to cell phones. RCA used to be good too, now I just call them Really Crappy Appliance.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Post Likes
    I drive by an old Zilog plant every day. I think Micron is using it as a satalite now. Have to look, it remained vaccant for years.

I remember when Radio Shack had some pretty good stuff and was "Radio" related. It's all cheap crap now and half the store is dedicated to cell phones. RCA used to be good too, now I just call them Really Crappy Appliance.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Post Likes

Those are some neat ice sculptures behind you. Aren't you cold with out a jacket, though?

I'm just kidding, although I live just a few miles north of you on I-35W and it's a little colder where I'm at. All of the water out here is solid. Just a few days ago I drove my truck onto the middle of a lake and had to drill through about 18" of ice just so I could go fishing. Caught a couple of little walleyes that day.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    I drive by an old Zilog plant every day. I think Micron is using it as a satalite now. Have to look.

According to one of my instructors at college in like 1983, he said Zilog was formed by 4 guys who got mad at Intel and started their own company. I guess they wish they would have stayed at Intel. I had an old Micron Pentium II for about 8 years. It was a great computer, and the screen displayed a beautiful picture. I know they are in Idaho some place.

Here's the Micron Pent II with monitor in January/2004. I used it to run digital modes with the 756 among other things.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ammoniadog View Post

Those are some neat ice sculptures behind you. Aren't you cold with out a jacket, though?

I'm just kidding, although I live just a few miles north of you on I-35W and it's a little colder where I'm at. All of the water out here is solid. Just a few days ago I drove my truck onto the middle of a lake and had to drill through about 18" of ice just so I could go fishing. Caught a couple of little walleyes that day.
    For some reason when ever I think of the state of MN, I think of the movie Fargo and that people in MN must be like they were in that movie.

Post Likes
    We don't really talk like that. Also, most of the bad guys up here don't own wood chippers.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    According to one of my instructors at college in like 1983, he said Zilog was formed by 4 guys who got mad at Intel and started their own company. I guess they wish they would have stayed at Intel. I had an old Micron Pentium II for about 8 years. It was a great computer, and the screen displayed a beautiful picture. I know they are in Idaho some place.

Here's the Micron Pent II with monitor in January/2004. I used it to run digital modes with the 756 among other things.

Just noticed the site double posted me. You should have double replied.

I used to build a new computer every year. Back in 2006 I decided to just buy one that year instead. I went to the local Micron outlet store and picked one up. A year later I decided to get the wife one too. They have both been great computers and we still use them today. Sadly, Micron got out of the computer building business and closed down the retail outlet. I imagine before too long I will need to get another computer and will wipe this one clean and dedicate it to my radio instead of having it pull double duty.

Hard to tell, but looks like you were on 30 meters in the photo. Good that your cup-o noodles was not near the important equipment. LOL