Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 27
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Coastal Maine
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    Kind of makes thsoe little 1/20th HP fans on a residental ID fan seem a little small.
    Yes it does. I started in the industrial and institutional side of the industry. In the late 80's and early 90's when there was a sharp downturn in manufacturing, I got tired of less than 40 hour weeks, and took a job with a light commercial and residential service company. I was scared to death that I was gonna break something. Everything suddenly looked so small. Thanks for the pics and the trip down memory lane.

  2. #15
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    evansville indiana
    Posts
    943
    Quote Originally Posted by meplumber View Post
    Yes it does. I started in the industrial and institutional side of the industry. In the late 80's and early 90's when there was a sharp downturn in manufacturing, I got tired of less than 40 hour weeks, and took a job with a light commercial and residential service company. I was scared to death that I was gonna break something. Everything suddenly looked so small. Thanks for the pics and the trip down memory lane.

    I get your point !



    my fear is the opposite ....

    When big $$$ production is at stake I fear breaking something that will prevent production ...

    Comfort cooling means they may not be comfortable ....process means they lose big $$$ and you may not be invited back ...
    mikeacman

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy knocker View Post
    Yep. When they crack these open we have to stop and stare in awe. Usually takes shaker an hour or so to recover.
    In the rare event that it lasts more than 4 hours I will have to seek medical help.

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Western KY
    Posts
    1,221
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeacman View Post
    I get your point !



    my fear is the opposite ....

    When big $$$ production is at stake I fear breaking something that will prevent production ...

    Comfort cooling means they may not be comfortable ....process means they lose big $$$ and you may not be invited back ...
    $3000 a minut down the drain when production stops. No pressure.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SE of Seattle
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy knocker View Post
    $3000 a minut down the drain when production stops. No pressure.
    I used to install industrial air pollution control equipment with substantial fans. We had an installation with a 500HP VFD controlled fan, but the client wanted an across the line starter for the fan, so he could run it if the VFD went down. We installed the backup as directly. When we tested it, it seemed like the whole grid was going to crash; lights dimmed, etc. That sucker hummed and whined but finally started moving and got up to speed. Scariest startup I was ever on.

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    527
    Worked at an abandoned aluminum mill site today. It was purchased by another mill, shut down, and is only used as warehousing. We were there to check unit heaters to keep sprinklers from freezing. Here is a 3,000 HP GE I could take pictures of and scale. I used a gallon bubble jug for a scale in the first two.

    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352938055.318069.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  45.2 KB
    Covered up armature
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352938233.172248.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  58.7 KB
    Stator
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352938351.228610.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  55.0 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352938377.947858.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  48.4 KB

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    527
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364678725.175195.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  34.7 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364678745.292775.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  49.7 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364678785.559539.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  53.6 KB

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    527
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367333297.546927.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  44.2 KB
    156,000lb. Armature on the move.

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Western KY
    Posts
    1,221
    Close you mouth, the beetles will fly in.

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    527
    Your just jealous
    I'm jealous of all the generator magic your learning about. They told us we have been doing so good this one time we don't have to do any work just let these beautiful women fan you and feed you deer jerky while you relax all week. Too bad your down south your missing out.

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy knocker View Post
    Close you mouth, the beetles will fly in.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367336333.308533.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  47.6 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367336350.172933.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  36.3 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367336369.205701.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  32.1 KB
    Just to put your mind at ease. Fresh start to spring.

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Western KY
    Posts
    1,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightshaker View Post
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367336333.308533.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  47.6 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367336350.172933.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  36.3 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367336369.205701.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  32.1 KB
    Just to put your mind at ease. Fresh start to spring.
    Like a brand new penny. How's the proxy paint holding up in motor section?

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Western KY
    Posts
    1,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy knocker View Post
    Like a brand new penny. How's the proxy paint holding up in motor section?
    Poxy paint

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image