Stuck on deciding a new thermostat

hello all, first post. i've done some extensive research in the past while in regards to upgrading IAQ in my home. i plan on getting an aprilaire 5k and 600 humidifier to replace some old and pretty mundane boxstore products that were bought when the house was built. the house is a 1zone 1H/1C system approx 3k sqft.

im pretty good with the self research and have googled this forum extensively for older threads, which helped me decide on the aprilaire products, but i havent found what i specifically need with what thermostat. i am leaning towards the honeywells but am unsure of the model i'll need for my home (dont want to get a model with excessive and thusly unused features). iaq control is important for my family. can the honeywell iaqs control the above aprilaire products i mentioned? if needed, there are only 4 wires running to current tstat (rc+y+w+g).

thanks in advance.

The Prestige IAQ stat. You'll be satisfied with this product by Honeywell.

The air cleaner should be wired to the furnace so it comes on anytime the blower is on. The Vision Pro IAQ, Prestige IAQ or Aprilaire 8910 will all run the humidifier. For the money, the 8910 gives a lot.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

What's everybody think of the Nest? I like the programability, and the remote changing of settings along with the ease of setup for anybody.
    The TRUE highest cost system is the system not installed properly...
    The three big summer hearththrobs...
    Mel Gibson
    Dwane Johnson
    The A/C repairman

Just went through a royal headache trying to get one to work with a conventional heat pump. Customer spend hours with tech support, so did I. Our tech finally got it after 2 hours. I will refuse to touch them in the future.

Lots of other options for someone who wants internet/smart phone connectivity.

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise here. Please apply to the AOPC today, thank you.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by beenthere; 11-06-2012 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Non Pro * member

[BNoSlow50][/B], this is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise here. Please apply to the AOPC today, thank you.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Your post has been deleted.
    Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?