+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Old Threads

Post Likes

Old Threads

Can you no longer look up old threads you started ? I was trying to add to a past one and could not find it.

Post Likes
    There was a problem with the site search after the last major software upgrade, but that was corrected and appears to be working OK. You should be able to find any thread if you use good keywords.

If the thread was in an open forum, I've found it helpful at times to try a Google site search. In the search box type: site:hvac-talk.com keyword(s) (Example = site:hvac-talk.com sightglass)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    There was a problem with the site search after the last major software upgrade, but that was corrected and appears to be working OK. You should be able to find any thread if you use good keywords.

If the thread was in an open forum, I've found it helpful at times to try a Google site search. In the search box type: site:hvac-talk.com keyword(s) (Example = site:hvac-talk.com sightglass)
    Wow icemeister. So I would have to remember my thread titles ? Is there a reason why they changed the process ? In the past were you not able to see the threads you started by going to your profile ?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Wow icemeister. So I would have to remember my thread titles ? Is there a reason why they changed the process ? In the past were you not able to see the threads you started by going to your profile ?
    Oh...so you're talking about the Profile and not the Site Search?

In your Profile, in the lower LH corner of your profile image box there are a few little icons. One is "Send Private Message", the next is "Find Latest Posts" and the third one is "Find Latest Started Threads".

Is that what you're looking for?

Post Likes
    Hello, Did threads actually get lost during the upgrade? It's been a while since I've been on here and can't find my older posts.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    Oh...so you're talking about the Profile and not the Site Search?

In your Profile, in the lower LH corner of your profile image box there are a few little icons. One is "Send Private Message", the next is "Find Latest Posts" and the third one is "Find Latest Started Threads".

Is that what you're looking for?
    Yes Sir !! That's what I'm talking about. Thanks icemeister. Those icons are so small I pasted them right up. Good to know there still there.
    Cheer's VTP

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in