Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Old Threads

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,321

    Old Threads

    Can you no longer look up old threads you started ? I was trying to add to a past one and could not find it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Guayaquil EC
    Posts
    10,374
    There was a problem with the site search after the last major software upgrade, but that was corrected and appears to be working OK. You should be able to find any thread if you use good keywords.

    If the thread was in an open forum, I've found it helpful at times to try a Google site search. In the search box type: site:hvac-talk.com keyword(s) (Example = site:hvac-talk.com sightglass)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,321
    Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    There was a problem with the site search after the last major software upgrade, but that was corrected and appears to be working OK. You should be able to find any thread if you use good keywords.

    If the thread was in an open forum, I've found it helpful at times to try a Google site search. In the search box type: site:hvac-talk.com keyword(s) (Example = site:hvac-talk.com sightglass)
    Wow icemeister. So I would have to remember my thread titles ? Is there a reason why they changed the process ? In the past were you not able to see the threads you started by going to your profile ?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Guayaquil EC
    Posts
    10,374
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Wow icemeister. So I would have to remember my thread titles ? Is there a reason why they changed the process ? In the past were you not able to see the threads you started by going to your profile ?
    Oh...so you're talking about the Profile and not the Site Search?

    In your Profile, in the lower LH corner of your profile image box there are a few little icons. One is "Send Private Message", the next is "Find Latest Posts" and the third one is "Find Latest Started Threads".

    Is that what you're looking for?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    DFW Texas
    Posts
    42
    Hello, Did threads actually get lost during the upgrade? It's been a while since I've been on here and can't find my older posts.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,321
    Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    Oh...so you're talking about the Profile and not the Site Search?

    In your Profile, in the lower LH corner of your profile image box there are a few little icons. One is "Send Private Message", the next is "Find Latest Posts" and the third one is "Find Latest Started Threads".

    Is that what you're looking for?
    Yes Sir !! That's what I'm talking about. Thanks icemeister. Those icons are so small I pasted them right up. Good to know there still there.
    Cheer's VTP

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event