Narrowed to last 2 options-Please provide opinions

Hello all,

I've narrowed down all of my proposals to the final 2 and would love to have some opinions to help sway me one way or another. I'm in N. VA in an approx. 1600 SF, 3 level TH. The 2 systems for a 2.5 ton heat pump/air handler replacement are:

Option 1:
    Carrier Performance
    2.5 ton 25HCC530 (SEER 15, EER 12.5, HSPF 8.5)
    Air handler FV4CNF002 variable speed (existing duct situation does not allow for 005)
    10 Kw heat strip
    TC-PHP stat
    Add return air to basement (not done by previous owners when they finished the basement)
    Standard manufa warranty/2 year labor

Option 2:
    Lennox Dave Lennox Signature
    2.5 ton XP17-030-230 (SEER 16.2, EER 13.5, HSPF 9)
    Air handler CBX32MV-036, variable speed
    10Kw heat strip
    iComfort Wi-Fi stat
    Add return air to basement (not done by previous owners when they finished the basement)
    standard manuf warranty/1 year labor

The Lennox is in the running thanks to a large rebate but is still a bit more expensive than the Carrier. I like the higher efficiency of the Lennox as well as EDD but the am hearing/finding/researching various opinions about Lennox that prevents me from being convinced. The Carrier, although less efficient, has been proven and is currently a good deal. Is the Lennox model too advanced for my purposes? I don't need any of the duel fuel capability nor will I ever install solar panels. Both installers I feel comfortable with and are factory authorized dealers. Also, I am interesting in the Nest and know that the Lennox model is not compatible (at least it will be a dumber stat than the iComfort) though I will not buy a system based on Nest compatibility.

I am truly on the fence, maybe leaning slightly towards the Carrier because of the high praise it usually gets.

(By the way, I did receive Trane and AS bids but they are slightly out of my comfort zone.)

Thanks in advance for your comments.

If the Lennox is not compatible with the Nest, then neither is the Carrier. Their both single stage units.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Seems to me the Lennox's extra efficiency would be a plus.

The Nest is the most frustrating stat I've ever seen. A customer, my tech and I spent hours trying to get them, 1st and 2nd generation, to work on a single stage HP with backup. The tech spend 2 hours there, we ate a lot of time, and finally figured it out. Advanced tech support (they have levels) didn't do any good.

i'm definitely not sold on the nest and appreciate each individual experiences to judge whether or not i want it.

i thought the next is compatible w/ both single or 2-stage units.....the only carrier line it's not compatible with is the infinity line because of it's advanced/proprietary controls.

The ecobee is a MUCH better stat than the Nest. About the same price, and has MANY more features. However, Ecobee doesn't have the "autolearn" feature and it's as pretty as Nest.