Carrier Infinity Stat.

My in-law has a 3 years old Carrier Infinity system. Last fall, they mention to me the stat screen was showing "Emergency Heat" on the screen.. I go and check it and sure enough it was showing that... So I go into the advance setting menu to see what's going on, and all is normal.. When I go back to home screen "Emergency Heat" then goes away.

We were there yesterday, and she said it's doing it again.... I go check all settings, and nothing is set up as a heat pump.. Just an infinity furnace and A/C.

The system works just fine....

I'm not sure if there is a difference between infinity and evolution( Bryant's version), but they did have a problem with the UI loosing its memory. I believe it was on the version 16 and older. If power was interrupted, they would not hold their settings and go back to factory defaults. If the date , and time are not right, or have changed, that may be your problem. Have you tried re-installing equipment in "service" under " advanced settings"? Hope this helps

Version 16 has a problem with memory. it gets too full to quick. You probably need to switch it out with an updated software version

Quote Originally Posted by lynden View Post
    I'm not sure if there is a difference between infinity and evolution( Bryant's version), but they did have a problem with the UI loosing its memory. I believe it was on the version 16 and older. If power was interrupted, they would not hold their settings and go back to factory defaults. If the date , and time are not right, or have changed, that may be your problem. Have you tried re-installing equipment in "service" under " advanced settings"? Hope this helps
    It has not lost it's time or any other settings.

I did reinstalled the equipment on it yesterday and see what will happen. I went into the Error menu, and didn't see anything, so hit reset on it anyway.

Normally if a t stat says its in emergency heat it has to be set up as a heat pump a straight air with furnace would not have e heat

Hold the red button down for several seconds and an option will appear to change from emergency heat to heat pump/furnace.

Check page 10 of the attached link. It's actually page 7 of the document.

http://www.docs.hvacpartners.com/idc.../OMUID-3CA.pdf