+ Reply to Thread

Thread: south florida (west coast to east coast) or tampa

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

south florida (west coast to east coast) or tampa

just curious whats it like working on the east coast. any companies covering both sides commercial/industrial only. anybody know what work twc has in miami ft lauderdale. are they all restaurants and refrig there like they are on west coast. also any tampa guys know what kind of work twc has same question as above. what companies are good up there. commercial/industrial

Post Likes
    I think Hill-York had an office in Fort Meyers and in Miami and Fort Lauderdale and West Palm, but I know for a fact that the Miami office closed and consolidated into the Fort Lauderdale office. Not sure about West coast office, but I would guess it's closed too.

If you want to work on the East coast, don't expect any west coast trips. You can however make it down to Key West.

I was born and raised in Miami/Fort Lauderdale and worked in HVAC for the last 22 years and I've never heard of TWC so they've probably got a small operation there. I see they have job openings in Fort Meyers, Jacksonville, Orlando and Fort Lauderdale. http://www.twcservices.com/careers/ They list 'free parking' as a benefit, seriously?

The best companies in South Florida are all union.

Post Likes
    I sent you a PM with some info
    Don't pick the fly crap out of the pepper.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalieri85 View Post
    just curious whats it like working on the east coast. any companies covering both sides commercial/industrial only. anybody know what work twc has in miami ft lauderdale. are they all restaurants and refrig there like they are on west coast. also any tampa guys know what kind of work twc has same question as above. what companies are good up there. commercial/industrial
    i never heard of that company once i checked the link posted by the chiller man ive seen there vans around. based on there websites sounds like they have some nice accounts, i just changed companies but worked 5 years for a small company we covered from boca raton down to keywest pretty much the east coast.

Post Likes
    im sure the west coast is the same as east coast coroded condenser coils and high head pressure. lol east coast is fast paced ive visited the west coasted naples area and it seemed more laid back and not so busy

Post Likes
    Twc services is a very large company offices in every major city in Florida and Georgia and all over the Midwest. Great place to work if you like the restaurant scene.

Post Likes
    There was a time that I worked for hill York . I won't get into the details but had left and regret that decision every day. Hill York does not have a branch in Naples anymore. They run service out of Sarasota.

Post Likes
    I applied for their maintenance position earlier this year. Unfortunately I had little to no experience with commercial / refrigeration so that never happened. It seems like the bulk of their work is in the Central FL. area. Their position details are pretty broad so it'd probably be best to just contact them directly. Good luck

Here is their coverage area: http://www.twcservices.com/service/coverage-area.php
    Here is some of their account: http://www.twcservices.com/service/customers.php

Post Likes
    I already work for Twc just thought they might have some better accounts on the other coast . I know they do university of Miami. But a lot of places we do we will only do refrigeration.

Post Likes
    Well Tampa it is, gonna wait till next year to get my ducks in a row and hit training classes like crazy and learn what I can and add to the resume.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalieri85 View Post
    Well Tampa it is, gonna wait till next year to get my ducks in a row and hit training classes like crazy and learn what I can and add to the resume.
    Staying with your company and transferring to the Tampa office?
    Don't pick the fly crap out of the pepper.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in