Thread: Heil Furnace

I need to purchase a QUIET 92% AFUE furnace and am considering a Heil down flow model. From what I have read, Heil furnaces are the 11th highest in ratings among furnace manufacturers. I have read the warranty and know it is a sub-line of Carrier. I have also read some of the specs, however, I don't know about it's reliability history and the quietness of it's furnaces.

Any suggestions?

would you bet on a horse that comes in 11th?

you now have the same post twice but with different brands. do you intend to do this with all brands?

[Edited by billva on 10-28-2006 at 04:01 PM]

Originally posted by sshear01
    I need to purchase a QUIET 92% AFUE furnace and am considering a Heil down flow model. From what I have read, Heil furnaces are the 11th highest in ratings among furnace manufacturers. I have read the warranty and know it is a sub-line of Carrier. I have also read some of the specs, however, I don't know about it's reliability history and the quietness of it's furnaces.

Any suggestions?
    Originally posted by sshear01
    I need to purchase a QUIET 92% AFUE furnace and am considering a Goodman down flow model. From what I have read, Goodman furnaces are the 3rd highest in ratings among furnace manufacturers. I have read the warranty and some of the specs, however, I don't know about it's reliability history and the quietness of it's furnaces.

Could somebody help convince me to buy a Goodman?

Where are you finding your furnace ratings?

If I wanted quite, I would (and did) install an American Standard with Comfort-R
    "We'll have to outwit the fiend with our superior intelligence." Yukon Cornelius

Some people are like Slinkies---not good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!

Wink Just Wanna Get The Best Bang 4 Da Buck!

I just want to get the best bang for the buck for a QUIET furnace. I don't want to invest money in a furnace that gives me a lot of problems down the road. Some people say Goodman is solid and some say it's hoohey, I just want to make a good solid decision.

if you don't already have a 90%er and are willing to stick with an 80%er, check out the Ruud ugpn model, after that all 90's sound pretty much the same to me.

if a 90 is a must, check out the ruud modulating furnace for maximum comfort. 13 stages of heat with the proper controls, 3 with standard controls.

Please read the Forum Rules regarding double posting.

You will get enough answers off one thread.

Any furance can be noisy if not installed right. The Carrier Infinity systems are totally silent but with too much static pressure the blower really gets to crankin' and they sound like a wind tunnel.

All variable speed units will be much quieter than those with a standard blower.

Goodman had an issue for a bit with the blowers creating harmonic noise though they were replacing those under warranty and it may have already been corrected.

Either way, variable speed is well worth the extra cash.
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.