+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scotsman - Manitowoc mismatch ice overflow problem.

Post Likes

Scotsman - Manitowoc mismatch ice overflow problem.

I have a Scotsman CME506AS-1F ice machine on a Manitowoc B-570 ice bin. Ice is overflowing from the bin when the bin door is opened. I've already confirmed the bin sensor works correctly, the ice deflector/diffuser is in place inside the bin.

The only thing I can see is the diffuser is too short and too far forward. The diffuser gap from front to back looks too wide to me, it isn't holding the ice back far enough so it can build up to trip the bin sensor. It holds the ice back only to the top of the ice bin and maybe a tad more, the weight from the falling ice pushes the ice in the bin right up to the bin door. When my customer opens the bin door in the morning they gat a lap full of ice.

The ice is slightly wet, not real dry so it isn't sticking together, could this be part of the problem?

The only solution I've come up with is to move the diffuser farther back or see if Scotsman has an extension kit for the bin sensor.

Any thoughts or suggestions on the subject?

Post Likes
    It has the AutoIQ Controller, make sure it is set to the proper machine. I had a store that was set to the wrong type of machine that did the same thing, once I set the controller to the proper machine it stopped doing it.

Post Likes
    What is the procedure to check the setup?

Post Likes
    On the back of the controller is information about how the controller is to be setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Ok, I'll check it out on Monday, Thank you.

Post Likes
    Doesn't this machine fill all the way up to the bottom of the icemaking head normally? That's where the bin eyes are that shut off the machine. I had to add a bin thermostat one time when I had a customer having bin overflows. I don't remember the exact circumstances, but that solved the problem. Scotsman has a part number for a bin thermostat kit for their CME cubers.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahWes View Post
    Doesn't this machine fill all the way up to the bottom of the icemaking head normally? That's where the bin eyes are that shut off the machine. I had to add a bin thermostat one time when I had a customer having bin overflows. I don't remember the exact circumstances, but that solved the problem. Scotsman has a part number for a bin thermostat kit for their CME cubers.
    I agree, I think that model has eyes in the bottom and fill up to the top of the bin normally. The kit helps keep the ice about 6-8" below the top of the bin and keeps the ice from melting and water leaking out through the gasket on top of the bin. I think the part number for the bin thermostat kit is A37749-001, might want to call scotsman and check though.

Post Likes
    Yes, you're both correct about the I/R eyes. I called Scotsman today and started to tell the tech support guy about the Manitowoc ice bin and he finished my sentence saying well you're going to have ice all over the floor. I laughed, yep you are correct. So he recommended an ice bin thermostat. You're correct again!
    Thank you for the help. The part is special order and 2 weeks out, oh well, their jus going to have to wait

Post Likes
    BTW, your part number is correct.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in